Preschool EduKitty 1.0 for iOS - Educational Game Reaches the US Top 20
October 4, 2011 in Games
[prMac.com] Las Vegas, Nevada - Cubic Frog Apps today is pleased to introduce Preschool EduKitty 1.0 for iOS, their new Educational Game for both toddlers and preschoolers ages 2 - 5. Featuring colorful 3D graphics in HD and a lovable 3D Kitty as their guide, kids play a mix of 14 different learning games, including: Directions (Left, Right, Top, and Bottom), Matching Patterns, Matching Sounds, Shapes, Colors, Numbers, The Alphabet, Differences, Sizes (Big and Small), Matching Pictures and Matching Silhouettes. Parents and kids can control the difficulty of questions with three different playing levels, and all 14 different games can be turned on/off individually. The best-selling game has been in the US App Store Top 1% of all Educational Games since 9/12 for both iPad and iPhone, and has been featured in Apple's What's Hot for both iPad and iPhone in two categories: Games/Educational and Games/Kids.
Preschool EduKitty is an inspiring and beautifully realized game for young kids. There are three requirements for a successful educational game.
First, it must be inviting. The rainbow of colors, glossy 3D Kitty, animated magic stars, and joyous narration and sound effects make this the hot fudge sundae of iOS games for young kids.
Second, the pedagogical aims of the game must be well camouflaged. Although the 14 games effectively teach basic concepts, skills, and knowledge, the sense of learning is far outweighed by the feeling of playing. Particularly important is that the order of games is random; a different game is always next, completely eliminating boredom or fatigue.
Third, the game must be fun to play. This game is more fun to play than most of its kind, because the challenges are more interesting, the tasks are more varied, the pace is quick, and the encouragement and positive reinforcement are almost palpable.
One of the greatest benefits of the app is the user-friendly Settings page for the parent. Here, they can turn each activity On/Off. For example, if they would like their kids to focus on the Alphabet, they can turn off all the other activities. Similarly, parents can direct their child's learning by focusing on Shapes, Colors, etc. Purchasing a single app, the parent does not need to purchase many separate toddler apps.
The success of Preschool EduKitty in the iTunes App Store is a cause for great pride at Cubic Frog Apps. Certainly, parents and reviewers have played an important part. But the game has achieved it great popularity because kids love to play it. Kids play it with their friends, and their friends get a copy of the game themselves. This is the mark of a wonderful educational game for kids.
* An adorable, animated, 3D Cat guides children in their learning process
*14 Different Games
* 3 Different Skill Levels
* 3D, HD Color Graphics
* Amazing Music, Voice Over, and Sound Effects
* Easy to Use Settings Page for Parents to Customize by Turning Each Game On or Off
* Innovative Rewards System and 3D Surprise Stamps
* Unlimited Play - The Fun Never Ends
* Ad-free and no in-app purchases lets the child focus on learning
* Colors- colorful, reflective 3D blobs help children learn colors
* Two Direction Games (top/bottom, left/right)- kids have to pick the correct answer and hatch an egg
* Shapes- pick the correct shape - level 1 has basic shapes and level 3 has more complex shapes, such as a hexagon, trapezoid, etc.
* Letters- learn letters and letter sounds
* Numbers- learn numbers and number sounds
* Biggest, Smallest- kids learn to identify the biggest or smallest item in a group
* Find The Difference- kids find which shape does not belong in the group
* Matching Sounds- touch squares to hear a sound, then match squares
* Matching Socks- in this challenging activity kids learn to match patterns
* Matching Silhouettes- kids learn to recognize a shape and its matching silhouette
* Matching Pictures- the classic game of matching pictures that are revealed for 2 seconds
* Every 5 Activities, kids get a free, surprise 3D Stamp
"Designing games for kids is a very rewarding and satisfying process especially when you know kids love the game and they learn from that," commented Maryam Zahiri of Cubic Frog Apps. "This is our fifth app, and it has been shaped by what we have learned and the feedback we have received."
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 11.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Preschool EduKitty 1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available upon request.
Cubic Frog Apps is a Mobile Application development company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Cubic Frog Apps, the creator of Preschool EduKitty, is a division of Cubic Frog Inc. Launched in 2009, the company develops unique iPhone and iPad Apps. With the launch of EduKitty, the company now has five Apps in the App Store. Cubic Frog Apps is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families. Copyright (C) 2009 - 2011 Cubic Frog Apps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.