October 12, 2011 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Paris, France - MeeTicket, and your smartphone becomes a boarding pass!
* 3,300,000,000 boarding passes in 2014
* 480,000,000 boarding passes expected in smartphone form
* 238 IATA-accredited airlines
* 1 app for all of the above: MeeTicket!
* MeeTicket: simple, efficient, and free
MeeTicket allows users to easily retrieve and download mobile boarding passes, no matter which airline they are taking.
No need to download the individual apps for each airline and figure out their sometimes complicated interfaces... As to the three billion pages printed each year, they will soon seem archaic.
Not every airline is currently offering mobile boarding passes, but there is a strong trend in favor of them, and operators are increasingly pressured to offer this option.
MeeTicket therefore offers, today, a vision of the future with a universal app for all airlines. The app is free.
How MeeTicket works:
When an airline invites a traveler to retrieve a boarding pass online, the traveler simply chooses the option "mobile boarding pass", enters his or her personal email address ending in @meeticket.com, and everything is done automatically.
The smart system, MeeRobot, receives the boarding pass, decodes it, and uploads the boarding pass and corresponding flight information to the user's smartphone automatically and in the correct format. All of this takes only a few seconds. The user also automatically receives the original information from the airline at the email address entered during registration.
MeeTicket goes right to the essential to ensure a pleasant and glitch-free trip from the retrieval of the boarding pass until takeoff:
* MeeTicket optimizes the boarding pass for smartphone devices
* The boarding pass is displayed even if there is no network signal
* The boarding pass (QR code) is displayed in full-screen mode
* The format is recognized and standardized (IATA standards)
* The size is optimized for a correct reading of the code (scan of the MeeTicket)
* The telephone's sleep mode is deactivated while the QR code is being read
* Flight information is also displayed for the airline personnel
* MeeTicket makes the trip easy and secure
For travel in groups or with families, MeeTicket can centralize all of the boarding passes by retrieving them all on the same telephone.
It is also possible to instantly transfer or copy a boarding pass to another telephone using the MeeShare function.
MeeTicket allows you to inform your friends and followers of an impending takeoff on the social networks Facebook and Twitter. Just press a button and your status will be pre-filled with your flight destination.
MeeTicket listens to its users:
MeeTicket gives its users a voice on its Internet site, its blog, social networks, and the application itself. All of the suggestions are gathered and taken into consideration to establish our development priorities.
The era of the mobile boarding pass has just begun, and its future remains to be determined. MeeTicket works towards this future every day and invites its users to participate too.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later
* 4.6 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MeeTicket 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category.
SEBYFACTORY develops the MeeTicket Application and its associated services in partnership with NEO FACTORY, a company specialized in innovation management. Both are based in Paris, France. Copyright (C) 2011 SEBYFACTORY and NEO FACTORY. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.