October 13, 2011 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design today updated EarthDesk, its award-winning, real-time dynamic desktop map, to support high-resolution cloud data via a data feed service. EarthDesk replaces your static desktop with an image of the Earth showing current sun, moon and city illumination, as well as global cloud coverage. The software operates silently in the background, keeping your desktop updated while you work. EarthDesk's dynamic desktop is continuously displayed as your desktop background.
EarthDesk 5.8 allows users to purchase a cloud access key which offers up to 16 times as much detail in the cloud layer. Cloud access keys are valid for one year.
Major new features introduced in EarthDesk 5:
* Faster rendering, lower processor usage, more robust and a cleaner interface
* Seasonal maps, with snow and vegetation levels changing month-to-month
* Supports higher resolution map and cloud data on large displays
* Adjustable brightness and background color* Starfield background option
* Updated political map now displays city lights and/or moonlight
* Supports dual GPUs controlling a single screen on the new i5 and i7 Macs
* Checks for updates automatically
* Mac OS X 10.5 or later
* Windows version supporting hi-res clouds will be available soon
Pricing and Availability:
Single user copies may be purchased for $24.95 (USD). Upgrades are available for $12.95 for licensed users of version 4 and $17.95 for licensed users of versions 1, 2 and 3. Cloud access is available starting at $9.95 for a single user. A bundle including EarthDesk and high-res cloud access is $32.95. For more details, please refer to our website. Editorial Review copies and high resolution screenshots are available to qualified persons upon request.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, is a leader in global time and mapping software. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2011 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.