October 18, 2011 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Driftwood, Texas - Texas based Carnation Software has announced that its BestEmulation Lite terminal emulator for Mac is now available in the Mac App Store. BestEmulation Lite allows a Macintosh to be used as a terminal, connected to a host computer with a serial connection or by modem. BestEmulation Lite emulates DEC VT100 and VT220 terminals. Supports ANSI and SCO ANSI color. AppleScript is also supported. Works with Intel Macs and MacBooks. Requires Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later.
* Built-in Modem
* Serial ports via USB to Serial adaptor
* Special iPhone sized window for use with third-party VNC software
You can scroll back to the past 40 pages of data. BestEmulation Lite remembers the last 40 pages that appear on your screen, regardless of whether the data has scrolled across the screen or the screen has cleared. Video attributes such as inverse and underline are also saved, including colors. This means that you can use the scroll bar to scroll back to previous screens to look at the data or print a scrolled-back page or copy a selection into the clipboard.
BestEmulation LIte supports AppleScript commands. Many functions can be controlled by a script (such as transferring data to and from the host, sending commands to the host and messages to the Mac user). Scripts compiled as applications can be run from "Run AppleScript" under the Special Menu. For instance, you can write a script to transfer data from the host to a file on your Macintosh and then tell another application to open that file.
* Multiple-session support for up to ten windows
* Transparent windows. Transparency is adjustable by the user
* On-screen text can be copied into the clipboard as an object or as editable text
* Clipboard can be pasted back to the host computer
* Programmable function keys
* Large font option for easier reading
* Host menu item selection by mouse-click on screen
* Connection scripts automate the login process
* Page forward/back capability
* Supports ANSI color
* Capture text and save to a file
* Send a text file to the host
* Secure settings for company managers to prevent users from making changes
* AppleScript support - over thirty AppleScript commands available to use
* ANSI and SCO ANSI ( SCO-ANSI)
* Slave (Aux) printing prints host data to your Mac printer
* Print direct to your Mac Printer using PCL commands sent from your host
* Special Commands - Beyond Terminal Emulation
* Full screen mode supported with Lion
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 1.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
BestEmulation LIte 1.1 is only $19.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Business category.
Carnation Software was founded in 1989 by Rich Love. A family owned company, we develop and sell Macintosh software and services, specializing in terminal emulation, utility programs, and iPhone applications. Located in the rural community of Driftwood, Texas, Carnation Software takes pride in being highly responsive to customer needs and fast-changing technology. Copyright (C) 1989-2011 Carnation Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.