December 5, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Sunnyvale, California - Independent developer Jiayi Chong today is pleased to announce the release of Math Pets Plus! 1.0 for the Apple iPad platform. Math Pets Plus! is an educational game environment designed to make learning math concepts in geometry, functions and trigonometry a fun, social, and immersive experience.
Math concepts at the middle to high school level are taught to the player in the game, making it suitable for both students and adults wanting to brush up on their mathematical skills. Topics like line equations, vectors and functions are addressed in the app through a series of fun and exciting casual games. Each game takes place in beautifully drawn and animated 2D environments and involve hands-on mechanics to engage the user.
Math Pets Plus! features a collection of unlockable creatures that the player can select to star as the protagonist in the various casual games. In addition to that, the player can exercise his/her artistic creativity by decorating the app with a set of animated hand drawn accessories like glowing stars and flying birds.
* Five unique games designed to be both fun and addictive to help with improving fundamental math skills
* Math topics at the middle to high school level are taught in the different casual games. These include line equations, vectors, functions and sine curves
* Different worlds and gameplay mechanics are presented to the player to keep the learning fun and engaging. These include a turn-based castle defense game, hatching creatures from magical eggs, an exciting aerial race and an action-packed fruit collection adventure
* Video tutorials teaching the different math concepts and gameplay mechanisms are included with each casual game
* Track progress and improvements with a fully-featured progress and score board system that logs details of every game
* 12 unlockable creatures that can star as the protagonist in each of the casual games
* Unleash your creative potential by decorating the screen with fully animated hand drawn accesories like glowing stars and flying birds
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 24.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Math Pets Plus! 1.0 is $3.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category.
Located in Sunnyvale, California, Jiayi Chong is an indie developer specializing in fun, unique apps for the iPhone and iPad platforms. He believes in bringing the joy and excitement of video game mechanics to the wonderful educational world of mathematics. Copyright (C) 2011 Jiayi Chong. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.