December 6, 2011 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Pamplona, Spain - Independent developer Miguel Munoz today announces Soccer Caps 1.1.1 for iOS, an update to his free Football/Soccer Game where players buy teams, play matches and win trophies via Game Center, and negotiate the sale and trade of players via Twitter. Virtual money is used to buy players and to bet on the outcome of matches. Soccer Caps redefines social gaming, allowing gamers to conduct team business with other team managers via Twitter, tracking the minute-to-minute availability of players for sale or trade, and then play matches via Game Center. An exciting, social simulation of professional soccer, Soccer Caps also includes a Training mode to perfect soccer skills.
Professional Football/Soccer, like all professional team sports, depends largely on buying the best players at the best prices. Behind the scenes, professional team sports resemble commodities markets, with quotes changing daily. Soccer Caps gives the gamer an opportunity to participate in a global simulation of the business of professional soccer.
Players start off by buying a team and naming a coach. As they earn more money, they can purchase additional teams and individual players. From the Coach's Screen, players can track the amount of virtual money they have (additional coins are available through an in-app purchase), how many teams they own, and the number of trophies won on Game Center. Players can also challenge friends or compete in auto-match games via Game Center. Finally, from the Coach's Screen the player can go to the Transfer Market where individual soccer players are available for sale. Each athlete has a virtual cash value determined by his strength rating and accuracy rating.
Unlike other social Soccer games, Soccer Caps gamers are not limited to sharing information through social networks, but instead rely on instantaneous messaging via Twitter to engage in buying, selling, and trading players through tweeting. It is also possible to issue challenges through Twitter betting virtual money.
* Find your favorite teams and buy them - new ones on sale everyday
* Go to Twitter to look for players, click on the link, and build a promising soccer squad
* Challenge your followers to play a game against you with just a tweet
* Make gameplay more exciting betting virtual money, and may the best team win
* Live the passion of soccer playing against other players - each game is unique
Virtual soccer matches are played on each coach's iOS device. Each team has three players, each resembling a circular, sawtooth bottle cap. Players use touch gestures to propel players into the soccer ball to score goals.
Teams Now Available for Purchase:
* Aston Villa, Arsenal, Blakburn, Bolton, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle, Norwich, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea, Tottenham, Wigan Athletic, Wolves
* Inter, Juventus, Lazio, Milan, Roma,
* Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United States
* Atletico Madrid, Athletic, Barcelona, Betis, Espanyol, Getafe, Granada, Levante, Malaga, Mallorca, Osasuna, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Racing, Rayo, Sevilla, Sporting, Valencia, Villarreal, Zaragoza
* Barcelona '92, Real Madrid '89, Spain '64
* Columbus, D.C. United
* U.S. English and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 11.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Soccer Caps 1.1.1 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Based in Pamplona, Spain, independent developer Miguel Munoz's goal is to discover new business models that revolve around mobile applications. Copyright (C) 2011 Miguel Munoz. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.