December 22, 2011 in Illustration (E)
[prMac.com] Indianapolis, Indiana - Mapdiva LLC today is pleased to announce a major update to Artboard, the simple, powerful, fun vector drawing software for Mac OS X. Artboard 1.3 features a completely redesigned user interface for creating simple styles as you draw, dozens of new built-in styles and editable vector clip art, and a help resources panel featuring an orientation video for new users. Artboard is optimized for OS 10.7 "Lion."
One of the big interface updates is a new Format Bar that simplifies and enhances the overall workflow. Create new and cloned simple styles without the need to open additional palettes. Artboard goes way beyond simple stroke and fill styles with its expert "stacked" styles and powerful Style Inspector. Artboard 1.3 increases its usefulness with the ability to individually export selected objects from your drawing in PNG, JPG, TIF, and editable vector PDF file formats. Several new styles and clip art are included in the built-in collection, such as an assortment of wood grain textures and logo elements. An interesting addition for developers is a brand new set of iOS templates.
New In This Version:
* Added Format Bar to simplify and enhance overall workflow
* Enhanced and reorganized built-in collection of styles and clip-art
* Added built-in orientation video and help resources panel
* Improved controls for stroke line cap and join settings
* Smarter 'Offset Copy' operation preserves original type of objects such as polygons and round rectangles
* Export now supports only exporting the selected objects
* Export for raster formats such as JPEG, TIFF and PNG use a new pathway to avoid the lack of support in PDF (and print) for transparent gradients. Transparent gradients are now exported correctly for JPEG, TIFF and PNG formats
* 'Outline Path' operation made smarter and enhanced to work with special stroke styles such as arrows, tapered, tagged and rough strokes
* Library Manager now creates a simpler and more useful default structure for new collections
* User created collections are now named based on the logged-in user name
* Wording of 'locked' styles and clip-art changed to indicate 'editable' instead, to make it clear what locking really means. Unlock/Lock icon changed to a pencil or crossed pencil
* Enhanced help
* New preference added for changing the freehand drawing smoothing factor
* Locked layers no longer incorrectly accept pasted objects or moved layers
* Numerous minor bug fixes
Artboard 1.3 makes it easy to design logos, posters, technical drawings and more. Artboard includes over 1600 awesome styles and fully editable clip art, including speech bubbles, shiny buttons, maps and flags, people factory, and home planning; plus a Library to store your own.
* Mac OS X 10.6 or later
* 10.7 required for "Lion" features
* 64-bit native
* 64.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Artboard 1.3 is available for $25.99 USD exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Graphics & Design category. A Free Trial version, tutorials, and more information on Artboard can be found on the Mapdiva website. Artboard 1.3 is a free update for existing users. To easily update, use "Update" in the Mac App Store.
Mapdiva is dedicated to making intuitive software so users can focus their creative energy on content and design. Founded in 2008 by Graham Cox and Jill Saligoe-Simmel, Mapdiva, LLC develops powerfully easy vector illustration software. Mapdiva, LLC has offices in Indianapolis, IN USA and Armidale, NSW Australia. Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Mapdiva, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.