February 8, 2012 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Los Angeles, California - 24x7digital LLC is pleased to announce the availability of TeachMe: 2nd Grade, the fourth installment in the popular TeachMe series of education apps for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. TeachMe: 2nd Grade teaches age-appropriate subjects to second grade children: addition, subtraction, sight words, and spelling. TeachMe: 2nd Grade's unique reward system, TeachTech character recognition, and specially designed learning animations make for a fun and productive learning experience.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade keeps children engaged with a unique reward system where children earn coins which can be used to purchase virtual items in a variety of TeachTown stores. The simple and intuitive user interface is designed to be child friendly, which allows children to play without help from an adult. Mimi Mouse, our tireless animated teacher, patiently gives verbal instructions and feedback to encourage the student to learn and succeed! The learning screens are colorful and cycle between different topics so children don't get bored.
TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads your child's writing using TeachTech, 24x7digital's writing recognition engine. Children write their answers for math and spelling questions and TeachMe: 2nd Grade reads them using TeachTech. If your child needs help, TeachMe: 2nd Grade will show them how to write the correct answer including the proper stroke order. The handwriting input mode encourages fine motor skills and penmanship skills, though a virtual keyboard is also offered as an option.
Up to 4 students can be tracked in TeachMe: 2nd Grade, and in-app purchases can increase capacity to 35 students for use in a classroom setting. Each student has an achievements screen which motivates and encourages learning by showing progress and levels for each topic. Parents can use this screen to quickly see progress of their child. Parents can select which topics they want, set different difficulty levels, and even choose specific questions. Parents may review performance history for each subject to check how their child is doing.
* TeachTech writing recognition
* Achievement screen shows progress and levels for each topic
* Explore TeachTown to spend coins on fun rewards
* Photo Booth reward - overlay disguise elements on your child's photo!
* Silly Stretchable Shapes reward (shapes, pets, flowers, dinosaurs. cars, princess, and space themes)
* Virtual Aquarium reward (4 types of fish and 45 items)
* 6 different sticker reward scenes: playground, beach, underwater reef, pirate cove, city, farm
* Over 150 different stickers for adding to scenes
* Save learning information for up to four students (upgradeable to 35)
* Select which topics are displayed for each child
* Turn on/off specific questions within a subject
* Change the number of correct questions to earn a reward
* Change the number of questions in a row to mark a question learned
* Tracks performance for each subject item (last five)
* Reward scenes can be exported as wallpaper or emailed to family and friends
* Fast Addition: master single digit math facts in preparation for long addition
* Fast Subtraction: master single digit math facts in preparation for long subtraction
* Long Addition: 2 and 3 digit addition including regrouping/carrying
* Long Subtraction: 2 and 3 digit subtraction including regrouping/borrowing
* Spelling: 100 2nd grade level words
* Sight Words: Dolch Second Grade
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.2 or later
Pricing and Availability:
TeachMe: 2nd Grade 1.0 for iOS is available for $0.99 (USD) and available exclusively through Apple's App Store in the Education category.
Based in Los Angeles, California, 24x7digital LLC is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by Rei Yoshioka and Mark Yamashita. Leveraging their longtime experience in development and consulting, 24x7digital's focus is developing high-quality, easy-to-use apps for Apple's iOS platform. Copyright 2002-2012 24x7digital LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.