Life Inventory App: Learn More About Yourself Than Ever Thought Possible
March 19, 2012 in Lifestyle
[prMac.com] Revere, Massachusetts - Independent developer Life Inventory iPad app has gotten some high praise. Using an iPhone or iPod touch, users can learn more about themselves than they ever thought possible, and only at a small fraction the cost of a single office visit to a therapist. Life Inventory iPad is the new name for the Step 4 Moral Inventory app. Originally designed for 12-steppers it was discovered the inventory would also be of benefit to anyone, which is why the name change.
Here's what some users are saying about Life Inventory:
* (5 stars) Awesome!! by AppGeek7 - I bought this for my iPhone earlier, but now that I have an iPad I had to buy it for this as well. This app is loaded with a ton of specific questions to help you find out why you may have struggled in areas and offers you alternative choices you could do.This app is loaded with info and is super easy to use. I have seen other assessments like this for a ton more money, yet this one is in the palm of my hand and I can add info on the go. I have benefited a ton from this app and I highly recommend it. It has invaluable info that can help save your life. The app has a ton of info to read at first, but it's well worth the time and effort. This is a must have app!!!
* (5 stars) Best Investment... by AppLover07 - After just a limited amount of time using this app it has already helped me to see where I could have made different choices and decisions. The questions at times are challenging, but it makes me dig deep and search myself for answers and honesty. The info this app offers me based on my answers is tremendous and life changing/eye opening. Best investment I made.
* (4 stars) Amazing Must Have App for iPad by Joseph Papino - I had originally thought that this app was just for people going through the 12-step process or for people who have addictions. However, after reading the app summary on the product page I quickly learned that this app was intended for anyone to be able to write a life inventory. This app is great and focuses on four primary areas: Writing, Honesty, Support and Prayer. The app does a great job at leading you through each segment and helping you to analyze key events and fears in your life. I had been going through a lot in my life and was having a lot of stress. This app helped me to not only locate why I was feeling the way I was, but helped me to resolve the problem and avoid future similar occurrences. After originally buying this app for the iPhone, I jumped at the opportunity to download it on my iPad as well! The iPad version of this app is great for reading and typing and makes this experience very user friendly. I highly recommend this app - what a huge cost savings compared to going to counseling/therapy!!
* (4 stars) Change your life! By Craig Desmarais - This app is truly helpful in shedding light on what is positively and negatively impacting your life. It can also show you why situations turned out a certain way. In every aspect of your life it can help you analyze where you are at and plan effectively to move on.
* (4 stars) Excellent by CoachAli - This app is definitely worth the money. It helped me to better understand why I made some of the choices I did and what I could do differently in the future when I deal with those situations. I would recommend it! Works great on my iPad.
Note: The terms "Life Inventory" and "Moral Inventory" are interchangeable.
Life Inventories Can Help Anyone:
Although originally designed for persons participating in 12-Step programs, it has since been discovered a Moral Inventory can help anyone analyze their life to learn more about themselves than ever imagined possible ... and at only a small fraction the cost of a single visit to a therapist. Examine your reactions to:
* Institutions and Organizations
* Principles, Ideals and Beliefs
* Sources of Anxiety and Excitement
* Sex Relations
The Life Inventory iPad app was created because of the complexity and length of time needed to complete a proper Moral Inventory. When persons working their way through a 12-step program start creating their own moral inventory and discover that some ways of doing a Moral Inventory might require a thousand spreadsheets, the task seems daunting and many never get around to finishing it, thus depriving themselves of the rewards a completed Moral Inventory can provide. This app is an attempt at finding a way to make the task less time consuming, while at the same time helping the user create a valuable asset in their recovery process.
Storage of the Life Inventory data is done using an underlying database which can be backed up and restored as necessary.
Disclaimer - This app is neither officially produced nor approved by Alcoholics Anonymous or any other Addiction Recovery program. From what is known there have been many Moral Inventory spreadsheets circulating unofficially among AA members for at least 50 years in various versions and this app is based on one the developer found to be useful and more comprehensive than most.
Many thanks to "George" and his "Dungeon Prison Complete" spreadsheet which has been used as the outline for this app. This spreadsheet was developed based on years of his own personal research of the AA Big Book, along with help from many others who had already gone through the process of completing their own Moral Inventories. This was done in order to more fully understand the concepts necessary for completing his own Moral Inventory. George's extensive research resulted in the creation of the "Dungeon Prison Complete" spreadsheet, a detailed set of instructions on how to create a Moral Inventory, including several new concepts not directly covered in the AA Big Book: Sources of Anxiety/Excitement as a 4th Category; and a set of Sex Relations exercises. Both of these new elements were discovered to be critical in eventually understanding why we do what we do, the end result of completing your own Moral Inventory.
Anyone, Not Just 12-Steppers, Can Benefit from Completing a Life Inventory:
The process of completing a Life Inventory doesn't directly address addictions specifically, but rather helps the user examine in detail events that have transpired in their life. The Life Inventory app gently assists the user in probing into not only what happened, but also why it happened. The questions asked help the user delve into areas often never considered before like:
* What did I want?
* Why did I want it?
* What am I not admitting?
* What lie did I tell myself? (always present)
* What did I leave out or not say?
* What lie did I tell others?
* Have I ever done the same thing?
* Was it any of my business?
* Were my expectations reasonable?
* What was the real truth?
* What was I not seeing?
* Did I fail to see the facts of the situation?
* What actions did I take to get what I wanted?
* What actions did I omit to get what I wanted?
Sometimes the questions are difficult to answer, but once done, they help provide significant insight into why certain choices were made and, more importantly, determining there are often alternative choices available which will make life so much better in the future.
Tab 1 - Life Inventory
* Get App Information
* Learn about Life Inventories
* Learn about Build Lists
* Learn about Causes & Effects
* Learn about My Part
* Learn about Fears Analysis
* Learn about Fear Questions
* Learn about Sex Relations
* Learn about Step 5 Report
* Change Settings
* Backup & Restore
Tab 2 - Build Lists
* Build Lists Help
* Edit Lists Sub-Categories
* Edit Entities in Lists
* View Lists Hierarchy
Tab 3 - Causes & Effects
* Causes & Effects Help
* Edit Incidents for Entities
* View Lists Hierarchy with Incidents
* Determine Effects
Tab 4 - My Part
* My Part Help
* Examination of My Part
* Review Incidents
Tab 5 - Fears Analysis
* Fears Analysis Help
* Edit Fears
* Categorize Fears
* Edit Fear Categories
* View Fear Categories by Tally
Tab 6 - Fear Questions
* Fear Questions Help
* Answer Fear Questions
* Review Fear Answers
Tab 7 - Sex Relations
* Sex Relations Help
* Edit Sex Relationships
* Answer Sex Relations Questions
* Review Sex Relations Answers
* Write Your Sex Ideal
* Review Your Sex Ideal
Tab 8 - Reports (optional except for 12-steppers)
* Reports Help
* Read Incidents
* Read Fear Answers
* Read Sex Relations Answers
* Read Your Sex Ideal
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 10.1 MB
Note: Also available is the "Life Inventory" app which provides the same features as "Life Inventory iPad", but because it was specifically designed for the iPhone and iPod touch, it's able to be done on a much smaller screen size.
Pricing and Availability:
The Life Inventory iPad app is available in the iTunes App Store. The current price is $9.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and can be found in the Lifestyle and Education categories. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website, blog or organization you represent when making your request.
James Hollender, a well seasoned Information Technology professional, has been familiar with Apple products since the days of the first Macintosh computer and has been involved with object oriented programming since the introduction of Java, culminating most recently writing apps in Objective C for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. His most recent iOS work has involved Xcode 4's new storyboard feature and using Automatic Reference Counting (ARC). His innovative ideas have resulted in numerous suggestion and other awards including a commendation from The President of the United States. Copyright (C) 2012 James Hollender. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.