March 20, 2012 in Mac OSX (E)
[prMac.com] Incline Village, Nevada - Xeric Design is celebrating the 10th anniversary of EarthDesk, with a special savings of $10 off the Single User and Five User licenses, reducing them to $14.95 and $29.95, respectively. This offer is valid only from the Xeric Design website from March 20-29, 2012.
EarthDesk replaces your static desktop with an image of the Earth showing current sun, moon and city illumination, as well as real-time global cloud coverage, allowing you to track hurricanes and other weather systems on your Macintosh or Windows desktop.
The software operates silently in the background, keeping your desktop updated while you work. Unlike a screen saver, which only appears when your system is idle, EarthDesk's dynamic desktop is continuously displayed as your desktop background (and optionally as a screen saver).
Major new features introduced in EarthDesk 5:
* Faster rendering, lower processor usage, more robust and a cleaner interface
* Seasonal maps, with snow and vegetation levels changing month-to-month
* Supports higher resolution map and cloud data on large displays
* Adjustable brightness and background color
* Starfield background option
* Updated political map now displays city lights and/or moonlight
* Supports dual GPUs controlling a single screen on the new i5 and i7 Macs
* Supports Lion, Snow Leopard and Leopard
Requirements and Downloads:
EarthDesk for Macintosh requires Mac OS X 10.5 or newer. EarthDesk for Windows requires XP or newer. Some features are platform-specific. For more information and to download an evaluation version, please visit Xeric Design online.
Xeric Design, based in Incline Village, Nevada, is a leader in global time and mapping software. Its flagship product, EarthDesk, for both Macintosh and Windows, is enjoyed by users in more than 140 countries. Copyright (C) 2011 Xeric Design. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.