March 28, 2012 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Trier, Germany - Bartels Media today is pleased to introduce ShareMouse 1.0 for OS X and Windows, their new software utility that allows users to control any combination of up to 26 Macs and PCs from a single keyboard and mouse. Any computer on the network can control all the rest from its own keyboard. Reaching the edge of one screen, the cursor magically appears on the screen of the computer beside it. The utility also allows users to drag and drop files from one computer to another, even between Macs and PCs. Compatible with wired or wireless Local Area Networks, ShareMouse eliminates the final barrier between OS X and Windows computers.
With ShareMouse, file exchange becomes truly simple, allowing drag & drop of single or multiple files from one computer to another, regardless of OS. The app features a convenient progress bar and speedometer for larger file transmissions, as well as a Cancel button to end file transmission at any time.
ShareMouse can also share the clipboard between multiple computers, employing Clipboard Synchronization that supports text, bitmaps, files, and folders containing multiple files. The contents of a clipboard can be sent to a specific computer to avoid accidentally overwriting any computer's clipboard. And Clipboard Sharing works independently from Windows network file shares, eliminating all configuration issues.
Vertical and horizontal mouse wheel and touchpad scrolling are supported, allowing desktops to run laptops or the reverse. Any computer can remote control any other computer in any direction. Most importantly, ShareMouse is compatible with any keyboard and mouse; if it works with the computer, it will work with ShareMouse. Also supported are Windows Fast User Switching and Windows Vista/7 User Account Control (UAC) pop-ups.
While there are hardware solutions like USB switches that offer mouse/keyboard sharing, they all require wiring and can only accommodate a limited number of computers. There are also some software solutions that offer this control, but ShareMouse is the only product that provide the combination of the following features:
* Drag & Drop of multiple files between Mac and Windows
* Zero configuration - ShareMouse automatically determines the positions of your monitor(s) without any manual configuration
* Flexibility - ShareMouse works in any direction and allows you to use any computer's mouse & keyboard on any monitor of any other computer with no re-configuration
* Full Control - The Monitor Arrangement window allows you to precisely configure your monitors' positions, including slight vertical/horizontal offsets between monitors
* Auto Fallback - ShareMouse automatically updates the monitor layout if any monitor of any computer becomes temporarily unavailable
* High Performance - The custom LAN protocol is specialized for remote control purposes and ensures smooth mouse cursor precision
Whether conveniently controlling a laptop from a desktop computer beside it, running a Media Center PC connected to a TV via laptop, or working on a team project and running everyone's computer from a single machine, ShareMouse offers convenience and flexibility impossible to get until now.
* Cross-platform compatible with Mac OS X and Windows support
* Automatic and configuration-free monitor layout sensing
* Any computer can remote control any other computer in any direction
* Hotkeys can be defined to jump directly to a specific monitor
* Panic button cancel/reset any current remote control session
* Vertical and horizontal mouse wheel and touchpad scrolling
* Support for up to 26 monitors and computers
* Portable mode for use with USB thumb drives
* Optional network traffic encryption
* Drag & Drop any files from one computer to another
* No Clutter - No need of a bulky switch box and messy cabling
* Does not need any power supply and makes efficient use of your existing gear
* ShareMouse works with any mouse and keyboard
"If you have two or more computers on your desk, ShareMouse is a must-have utility," stated Gunnar Bartels of Bartels Media. "You will appreciate a full-size keyboard and mouse controlling your laptop, and the ability to move files bi-directionally using easy drag & drop."
* U.S. English and German
* OS X 10.6 or later
* 1 MB
* Windows 7
* 4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ShareMouse 1.0 is only $24.95 (USD) per license and available directly from Bartels Media. A separate license is required for each computer running ShareMouse. Review copies are available upon request.
Founded in 1998 and based in Trier, Germany, Bartels Media GmbH introduced the first CD/DVD Emulation technology worldwide. A technology and market leader since its initial release, the award-winning software product Virtual CD has sold more than three million copies. Following Virtual CD, the company invented a virtual VGA driver and launched MaxiVista, which enables users to use a Laptop or an iPad as an extra monitor for their main PC. The latest addition is ShareMouse that allows users to control multiple Macs and/or PCs with a single mouse and keyboard. For more than 13 years, they have aimed to provide software that helps users get things done. With ease and fun! They sweat every detail of the software so that users won't have to worry about it. Bartels Media is a small and personable software company. They put all their passion into competing on innovation, usability, and customer service. Copyright (C) 1998-2012 Bartels Media GmbH - All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.