March 28, 2012 in Productivity
[prMac.com] Spokane, Washington - PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of WritePad 6.2 for iPad, optimized for the new iPad's retina screen and providing even better handwriting recognition quality. WritePad also now features an improved magnifying glass/text selection feature and better digital ink rendering.
WritePad is an advanced note-taker for iOS which converts practically any handwriting into computer text. Notes created with WritePad can be sent via email, tweeted, saved, posted on a Facebook wall, printed, exported as PDF, translated to other languages, synchronized with Dropbox, and exchanged directly between two or more iOS devices. WritePad also features integration with events, contacts, maps, and other iPhone resources.
WritePad supports handwriting recognition in 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Spanish, and Swedish. Additionally, application's user interface has been localized to 7 languages: Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Spanish.
With WritePad, users can:
* Create and edit text documents using the advanced handwriting recognition engine or iPad keyboard for text entry in landscape or portrait mode
* Improve productivity by using inline gestures, spell checker, context analyzer, and shorthand features
* Improve overall handwriting recognition quality using WritePad's Statistical Analyzer, which addresses common recognition errors. When enabled, this WritePad feature learns and adapts to the user's own handwriting style
* Email, Tweet, print, or post Facebook updates directly from WritePad
* Synchronize WritePad documents with Dropbox, Evernote, and iTunes, or upload documents to Google Docs
* Translate documents to 13 supported languages using Bing Translator
* Change WritePad's appearance by manipulating text, page, and ink colors using the customizable Styles feature
Pricing and Availability
WritePad 6.2 for iPad is available now and can be purchased via the iTunes App Store for $9.99 (USD). The price includes handwriting recognition in a language of the user's choice. Support for additional languages can be purchased in-app for just $2.99 per language. The US English Medical dictionary is also available for WritePad 6.2 for $4.99. WritePad for iPhone is also available and is sold separately for $3.99. For more information about the WritePad product line, please visit PhatWare's web site.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking and database, and network management software development. PhatWare's products include such popular titles as CalliGrapher(R), PenOffice(R), PhatNotes(TM), PhatPad(TM), WritePad(TM), and others. PhatWare Corporation is a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Intel Software Partner. Copyright (C) 1997-2012 PhatWare Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.