April 13, 2012 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] Tapfheim, Germany - MW3D-Solutions today is proud to announce Cheetah3D 6.0, a major update to its popular, professional level 3D modeling solution for Mac OS X. Developed from the ground up utilizing the latest Cocoa technologies, Cheetah3D is a lean, fast, and elegant 3D modeling, rendering, and animation package with an easy learning curve.
The biggest change in v6.0 is, without a doubt, the smooth integration of the industry-proven Bullet physics engine for the simulation of rigid-body and soft-body dynamics. No matter if you want to spill a bowl of marbles onto the floor or to simulate a waving flag in the wind: Cheetah3D 6.0 can handle it with just a few mouse clicks.
In addition to the new dynamics features, Cheetah3D 6.0 adds support for Isosurfaces (Metaballs), the keying of mesh vertices and spline control points, improved iBooks Author compatibility, an upgraded FBX SDK, support for 16-bit textures and much, much more.
Major new features in Cheetah3D 6.0:
* Simulation of rigid-body and soft-body dynamics using the industry-proven Bullet physics engine
* Seamless integration of the physics engine with interactive realtime preview
* Simulation baking for complex scenes
* Isosurfaces (Metaballs) with support for balls, vertices, particles and splines
* Keying (animation) of mesh vertices and spline control points
* Global scene search field: you can now search all objects and materials interactively
* Improved sweep and bevel tools
* Improved Collada export (iBooks Author compatible)
* Upgraded to the latest FBX SDK (v2012.2)
* Support for OS X Lion full-screen mode
* Support for 16-bit textures
"Performing truly advanced operations in Cheetah3D will seem like second nature very rapidly," said Dr. Martin Wengenmayer, Cheetah3D's developer. "With its seamless Mac OS X integration, Cheetah3D has been written from the ground up using Cocoa. Its not just a simple port of a Windows or Linux modeller which ends up looking, feeling and behaving like a disappointingly un-Mac-like piece of software. With Cheetah3D, you will feel right at home using it without having to learn a completely new user interface. It packs a terrific punch for it's tiny price. In fact, the program provides a level of productivity that you will be hard-pressed to equal in software ten times the cost."
* U.S. English, German, and Japanese
* Mac OS X Version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or 10.7 (Lion)
* Universal Binary for Intel 32 Bit, Intel 64 Bit
* 70.8 MB Hard Drive space
* 1 GB RAM
* 16 MB VRAM
* Internet Connection
Pricing and Availability:
Cheetah3D 6.0 is priced at $99.00 (USD) for a single-user license. Customers may upgrade from Cheetah3D 1.x - 5.x for $69.00.
Located in beautiful Tapfheim, Germany, MW3D-Solutions is an independent software developer whose main goal is the development of easy-to-use yet powerful 3D software exclusively for Mac OS X with a focus on iterating state-of-the-art 3D modeling, rendering and animation algorithms into a true Mac user experience. Copyright (C) 2004-2012 MW3D-Solutions and Cheetah3D. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.