April 13, 2012 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Stockholm, Sweden - The application is perfectly suited for people who has never tried Mindfulness before as well as for the more experienced practitioner. Guided exercises in English, reminders and statistics showing personal development over time makes this the ultimate Mindfulness tool. Thanks to the mobile platform it's possible to do Mindfulness exercises anytime, anywhere. For example, on the buss, in the train, while waiting in line or when you just feel like finding balance and restoring energy.
With the app:
* You can easily choose the type of meditation that suits you in the moment - for example if you have some time in the subway, on the bus, in a queue or if you just want to sit for a while
* By setting reminders at times, days and places of your choice you can get a message when it's time to meditate
* You can be guided by a voice or just meditate in silence with bells ringing at different times
* You can also design your own meditation for as long as you want it to last.
* Completed meditations are stored in the statistics section so that you can follow how your meditation practice is developing over time
* Through the Mindfulness App you can simply "call yourself up" from time to time to check whether you really are there
* The Mindfulness app is a great tool for everyone who wants to become more present in their life, both beginners and more experienced practitioners
The Mindfulness App contains:
* 4 Guided meditations: 3, 5, 15 and 30 minutses
* 4 silent meditations with bells: 3, 5, 15 and 30 minutes
* 1 Guided Body Scan
* 28 Mindfulness Notices that help you increase your presence in the moment.
Comments From Users Of The Mindfulness App:
* "Extremely effective. This App helps calm a busy day."
* "Excellent app for inspiring a regular meditation practice."
* "I began using this app as a supplement to a course on mindfulness and meditation. It has been excellent! The meditations both silent and guided are great, particularly being able to create your own meditations. It has really helped me develop my practice."
* "Great app. Very useful for busy, stressful lifestyle. I use it daily. Helps in so many aspects of work, home and social life.!"
Magnus Fridh, one of the MindApps founders says: "We have studied meditation for a long time and the goal of our company is to develop a simple and accessible way for people to get started and maintaining a regular meditation training."
The purpose of the Mindfulness App is to spread a simple and accesible tool to help people to start and maintain a regularity in their meditation practice. Many people have read about Mindfulness and meditation and some have atttended courses. But even if people would like to it is often difficult to keep the practice once daily routine kicks in and less time is available.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 19 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The Mindfulness App 1.3 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.
MindApps is run by Martin Wikfalk and Magnus Fridh, mindfulness and yoga teachers in Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga. The company develops tools that help people find balance in the midst of today's stressful life. Using the latest technology to be more fully here in the life that we're living. Copyright (C) 2012 MindApps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.