April 18, 2012 in Navigation (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - Are you here yet? This is the usual question when trying to meetup with friends, family and colleagues. En Route!, a real-time location sharing web and mobile app for iPhone, today introduced version 1.2 to bring an end to unnecessary texts and phone calls.
Founded by industry entrepreneurs Dave Smiddy (sold Infrinity to GetJar) and Ross MacKinnon (a social networking pioneer who helped build Friendster with Jonathan Abrams), En Route! automatically informs other users when someone is departing, a few minutes away and arriving at their destination. Location information is only shared with people the user chooses and is automatically turned off at the end of the trip or can be manually stopped at anytime within the app.
"We found that a simple message about when a user will arrive addressed a lot of our user's basic needs," said Dave Smiddy. "Users who want a richer experience can view the trip on a map in real-time within the app or on any web enabled device."
With this update, En Route! has integrated with Facebook(R), which allows users to easily share their arrival information with their Facebook friends. "Our previous versions used email as a way to sign-up for En Route! and share with friends," said Dave Smiddy. "Integrating with Facebook and leveraging their user identity system, makes the app easier to use."
En Route! is creating the social communication fabric required for sharing location information in real-time. This fabric brings together a variety of systems including basic messaging and notifications, user identity, privacy, content sharing, location data stack and social integrations.
* Create and Share Trips: Accurately measuring ETA for trips via car, public transit and walking, En Route! makes getting together with friends, family and colleagues easy
* View Trips: Easily share planned trips, location and real-time ETA updates
* Dynamic Real-Time ETA: En Route! calculates ETA in real-time and from actual position. This means the ETA provided is the real one based on any delays from traffic
* Notifications: Notifications are pushed to easily let friends, family and colleagues know when the user is departing, a few minutes away and arriving at the destination
* User Controlled Privacy: Location information is only shared with people users choose to share it with and for the duration of the trip they are taking. The user can stop sharing manually at anytime
* iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G and iPad Wi-Fi + 4G
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 7.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
En Route! 1.2 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.
En Route! was founded in July 2011 by industry entrepreneurs Dave Smiddy (sold Infrinity to GetJar) and Ross MacKinnon (a social networking pioneer who helped build Friendster with Jonathan Abrams). En Route! is a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco, California. Copyright (C) 2012 En Route!. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.