August 15, 2012 in Multimedia (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - Digital Heaven today is pleased to announce the release of Pro Player, a QuickTime player designed for video content creators and motion graphics designers. The goal of Pro Player is to deliver a superb experience for professional users, who commonly need more than the built-in OS X player can provide.
Comprehensive control is the hallmark of a good player app, and Pro Player excels in this respect with some unique features. The industry-standard JKL keyboard control for variable speed is included, along with interactive jog and shuttle on the viewer area itself. The Jump Back command allows instant rewind (with a choice of timings), so it's easy to review a missed moment again.
A unique time-saving feature of Pro Player is the ability to view embedded alpha channels without having to open the movie in a full-blown graphics or editing application. Video, audio and timecode information for the current movie is always visible and the current timecode is shown in a large and clear display.
Beta testers have been enthusiastic about Pro Player:
"Pro Player has been great for reviewing renders with precision and ease." - Paul Conigliaro, Motion Designer and Editor
"Pro Player allows me to send QuickTime files with embedded timecode to producers and they appreciate the nice big timecode number that they can reference. JKL control over playback makes it easy to locate specific areas that might be problematic such as flash frames, black frames or anything that might need blurring." - Shane Ross, Editor
* Clean and simple single-window interface
* Large timecode (or absolute time) display
* No overlays - see an unobstructed view of your movie at all times
* View alpha channel as white on black
* Change background to checkerboard for viewing transparency
* Dedicated panel for video, audio and timecode track information
* JKL keyboard control
* Shuttle and jog by dragging on viewer
* Visual display of current shuttle speed
* Jump back command with selectable times in preferences
* Looping and selection modes
* Single-key full screen mode with optional zoom animation
* Reveal current movie in Finder
* Visual recent files display with thumbnails and last opened time
* Comprehensive keyboard shortcuts
* Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion
Pricing and availability:
Pro Player is available now for immediate purchase and download from the Digital Heaven online store at the special introductory price of $19.99 USD for one week only. From 22 August, Pro Player will be on sale at the regular price of $29.99 USD.
Digital Heaven was founded in 2000 by ex-BBC Resources video editor Martin Baker. For six years the company provided broadcast post production facilities for clients such as the BBC, Channel Four and many independent production companies. The company shifted its focus in 2005 to exclusively concentrate on software development. In total, 20 Final Cut Plug-ins, 6 Final Cut Effects, 7 applications and 2 eBooks have been added to the product range. Copyright (C) 2012 Digital Heaven. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac OS X, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.