August 20, 2012 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Zoetermeer, Netherlands - VeprIT is pleased to announce Resize Sense 1.3.0. Resize Sense is a flexible batch image resizer for Mac OS with various resizing options suitable for any need. It stands out from other batch image resizers with the following distinctive features:
Saved user presets:
A user performing repetitive tasks only needs to configure the resizing options once per task, and save it as a preset. It is even possible to apply multiple resizing presets to every image.
Manual per-image, per-preset crop (and even straighten) adjustment:
Most other batch image resizers would at best allow to align the crop rectangle to the left/right/top/bottom, but a better control is often required.
Live final image preview:
The user can see immediately how the final image will look after cropping, extending with solid borders, or distorting.
Batch image cropper & straightener functionality:
For images of the same size, Resize Sense can be used as a bulk image cropper and straightener, because it supports copying & pasting the crop & straighten configuration between images.
Batch image format converter functionality:
Resize Sense can be used to convert multiple images from any format supported by the operating system to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, and BMP.
Simple, intuitive, self-explanatory user interface:
Resizing types supported in Resize Sense:
* Fixed width and height. The images will be cropped if required
* Fixed width or height. The other dimension will be computed based on the original image size
* Fixed output image dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation. Will be cropped if required
* Fit to a box with defined width and height
* Fit to a box with defined dimensions. They are assigned to width and height based on the original image orientation
* Fixed longest edge size. The other edge will be computed based on the original image size
* Fixed shortest edge size. The other edge will be computed based on the original image size
* Crop only. A special type for the case if only cropping (without specific sizing) is needed
Resolution units (available when defining size in inches or centimeters):
* Pixels per inch
* Pixels per centimeter
Additional resizing options:
* Enlarge image if the original or the cropped part is too small for the requested size
Choose how to fix the image aspect ratio if it changes (if the requested size is not proportional to the original). Resize Sense offers the following solutions to this problem:
* Crop the image, aligning the crop rectangle as desired, or even adjusting it manually
* Add solid borders of a customizable color
* Distort the image
New in Resize Sense 1.3.0:
New solution fixing the changing image aspect ratio problem has been introduced. In addition to cropping and deforming, it is now also possible to extend the image with solid borders of a custom color.
User interface improvements:
* Reorder presets in the Presets Management window
* Filter presets in the lists to quickly find those you are looking for
* Many predefined presets for common paper sizes are included in the bundle. They are automatically imported in the new installations, and can be imported at any time later in the Presets Management window
* Context menu in the image browser
* The "Fit to width and/or height" resizing type did not work correctly when only height (and no width) was defined
* In the Save Multiple Files panel, tokens sometimes were inserted into wrong locations when the name field contained spaces
* Illegal characters in output file names could cause problems when saving
Resize Sense 1.3.0 requires a 64-bit Intel-based Apple computer with Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or later. Resize Sense 1.2.0 and earlier versions also work on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard).
Pricing and Availability:
A trial version of Resize Sense (with disabled results saving) is freely available for download at the application webpage. The current price is 8.9 Euro. The license can be purchased at the download page. Resize Sense is also available on the Mac App Store.
VeprIT is a bootstrapped software company based in Zoetermeer, The Netherlands, founded in the beginning of 2011. VeprIT develops its own products and provides custom software development services. Currently VeprIT offers image/photo editing software products for Mac OS and iOS. These products aim at hiding all the image processing complexity behind a very simple and intuitive user interface. VeprIT also offers custom software development and consulting services focusing on Mac OS, iOS, and embedded systems. Copyright (C) 2011-2012 VeprIT. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.