Chris Knight - Acutus Trading Ltd.
SintraWorks Releases Metron 2.7, a Professional Metronome for iOS
September 26, 2012 in Music
[prMac.com] Parede, Portugal - SintraWorks today is pleased to announce the release of Metron 2.7, a significant update to their professional digital metronome for iOS devices. The brainchild of a classically trained musician, Metron aids in the practice of runs, excerpts and complete compositions. Featuring an intuitive front panel, you can launch and start practicing instantly, while an organized back panel provides access to powerful extra features.
In addition to the usual single and multiple beat ticks of digital metronomes, Metron offers complex time signatures with beat grouping and dynamic accellerando and ritardando through a high-precision playback engine. A score based sequencer offers detailed control over tempo changes, rhythmic patterns, sounds, volume and color. Additionally, Metron incorporates a pitch pipe that can be calibrated at micro level.
In version 2.7:
* New: Share sequences via email and iTunes file sharing
* New: Manage documents in the documents directory directly within Metron
* New: 'Rehearsal Numbers': Jump directly to specific bars in the sequence
* New: The sliders on the front panel can now be reset to default values by double tapping the thumb
* New: iPhone 5 and iOS 6 ready
* New: Improved usage tips
* Fixed: A new tempo in the score would not reset an ongoing tempo variance. Henceforth it will
* Fixed: Some tempo variance settings would not be honoured when repeating a sequence
* Fixed: Corrected an issue in the pitch pipe player where changing pitch by holding down the or - buttons while rotating the device, would cause the frequency to keep changing, even after lifting the finger
* Fixed: Tapping the plus button at the bottom of the sequences list when in edit mode would result in a crash
* Fixed: Importing sequences with bars that had a mix of customized and standard beats would get the beats in the wrong order
* Portrait and landscape mode
* Tempo from 1 to 500 Beats Per Minute (effectively 1/4 to 1000 BPM)
* Accelerando and ritardando ("Variance")
* Specify a factor between one quarter (0.25) and double (2.0) the current tempo. (Useful when practicing complex sequences)
* Tap the tap pad to set the tempo (even while the metronome is running)
* Visual beat feedback in addition to clear and crisp audio pulses
* Fully customisable sound, volume and feedback colour on any beat and/or its rhythmic subdivisions
* Setlists navigation
* Create your own library with any number of sequences. A set with the most commonly used time signatures is included by default
* Create sequences with any number of bars
* Each sequence can set a countdown, a start tempo, a variance and whether the metronome stops at the end of the sequence or repeats the sequence from the beginning
* Each bar consists of one or more time signatures and can set a tempo and a variance starting on any beat. A bar can be set to play up to a 110 times
* A time signature can have between 1 and 64 beats over a dotted or undotted denominator (examples: 7/4, 2/8., 9/32, 1/2., 3/1)
* A time signature can be subdivided into beat groups, allowing you to set an accent on any beat you wish, since grouping beats affects metronome playback. Metron differentiates between the first beat, stressed beats and unstressed beats, so you always know where in the bar you are
* Each beat in a time signature can be further customized into a rhythmic pattern (like triplets or swing, or most any pattern you like). You can assign a custom color, sound and volume to any beat or any rhythmic component of a beat. You are in control. You can keep it as simple as you like, or make it as intricate as you need
* Mix bars of different meters and tempi at will, and interpolate between tempi between any two points in a score
* Use the score view to create all your customizations using traditional western music notation
* Create and edit setlists
* Share and exchange sequences with students, teachers, colleagues, friends
* Plays any pitch from octave 0 to octave 8
* Reference pitch: A4 = 440Hz by default. Adjustable
* Adjustable target pitch (per Hertz or per cent level)
* Choice of note names: C D E, etc, Do Re Mi, etc.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 4.3 or later
* 8.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Metron 2.7 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
Located in beautiful Parede, Portugal, SintraWorks is a privately funded company founded in 2006 by Antonio Nunes. Committed to providing the highest quality software, SintraWorks' focus is developing productivity solutions for the Mac and iOS platforms, with a major emphasis on total customer satisfaction. Copyright (C) 2006-2012 SintraWorks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.