October 1, 2012 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Temple, Texas - Tricochet today is proud to announce iPhone 5 compatibility of piClock[TM], the transcendental timepiece for iOS. Every minute, piClock scrolls through ribbons of digits from the mathematical constant pi to locate the current time and date. iPhone 5's four-inch screen makes more digits visible: we didn't make the pi higher, we made it wider!
piClock's features include
* A choice of mathematical constants: pi, Euler's number "e", the golden ratio "phi", and the cult favorite "tau" (aka, "2 pi")
* 24-hour time mode, and "DD/MM" date mode
* (iPad only) DigiTappy[TM], the game that challenges a player to tap through each digit of pi by touching the screen with "that many" fingers (If it weren't for the decimal point, this game would have no point at all)
Assign time and date numbers separately, and choose which display formats (12- or 24-hour time, MM/DD or DD/MM date) you prefer. Shake to scroll at will, and decide whether digit blocks move steadily through the decimal places or jump around at random.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 12.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
piClock 1.2.1 is available worldwide through the App Store, in the Utility and Education categories, for as close to pi dollars as we could get: $2.99 (USD). Educational volume discounts apply.
Tricochet, an App Store pioneer responsible for 4 (out of just 500) apps available on Day One, creates math-inspired games and learning aids, and invents custom apps for clients seeking distinctive, dynamic, and delightful interfaces. Copyright (C) 2012 Tricochet. All Rights Reserved. Tricochet, piClock, and DigiTappy are trademarks of B. D. S. McConnell. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.