November 9, 2012 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Gamebowl today introduces NormsEscape for iOS, their vertical scrolling game, where players touch the screen to control the rate of ascent of Norm and help him avoid obstacles and earn power-ups using the tilt control. There is just one catch - while ascending Norm becomes increasingly bloated, making obstacle avoidance more difficult. A single player game, the number of gold coins collected and the altitude achieved are tracked and players try to achieve the highest total score.
* Controls are simple to learn, but hard to master - even a plump bird needs good timing
* Collect golden eggs for awesome power-ups like Ghost, Heli-Boost, and Blaster
* Unlock utilities from the in-game store to keep you flying high
* Angel Wings, Shield, Jet, and Rocket
* Share your high scores on Twitter and Facebook
A tip from the Gamebowl team, "Take it from Norm: it's hard being too flabby to fly. Your feathered friends turn their beaks up at you, busy bees aim their stingers your way and hungry tribesmen want to roast you for lunch. Your only hope of escape rests with humans and their thumbs!
"Help Norm take flight through a mystical jungle filled with dangerous traps and hazards. Tap and hold to inflate and keep him rising, tilt to guide him through obstacles, and release to squeeze through tight pathways. Careful though, once your finger's off the screen, Norm begins to descend! Can you find the balance between floating and bloating? And don't forget to feed him tasty beans to stay alive and boost your score. It is the reason he is a little rounder than he should be, but a bird's gotta eat, right?"
NormsEscape is set in a mystical jungle, and it features lush 3D graphics and animation. As he ascends, Norm must evade all manner of deadly obstacles: thorn and vine covered branches, insects, flowers, tribesmen, etc. Players must balance speed of ascent with the ability to collect gold coins, power-ups, and beans. And the faster he goes, the bigger he is, increasing the chances of hitting an obstacle. In addition to ascending, Norm can descend to pick up valuable items. However, time is a factor, and a deadly, thorn-encrusted roller continues to move relentlessly upward, making backtracking a dangerous risk.
Power-Ups and Utilities:
* Ghost: become invincible and invisible
* Blaster: pesky tribesmen getting on your nerves? - vaporize them in a heartbeat
* Coin Boost: greed is good! - double your coins without breaking a sweat
* Magnet: hoard coins near Norm automatically - yes, he's that lazy
* Heli-Boost: tired of floating? - grab this copter and give yourself a boost
* Shield: it's a scary world out there - get some protection at the start with this shield
* Angel Wings: bring Norm back to life
* Jet: strap this on to get ahead of the tribesman by 800 feet
* Rocket: feel the need for speed? - tribesmen will eat your dust by zooming past 1,400 feet
With thousands and thousands of feet to ascend, NormsEscape is filled with surprises. The perfect pickup-and-play game, it will also appeal to hardcore action/puzzle gamers.
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later (iOS 6 tested)
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 23.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
NormsEscape 1.2 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available on request.
Based in New York, New York, Gamebowl is a progressive game development studio founded in 2009. The company aims to develop and publish compelling and meaningful game experiences in all major gaming platforms. The springboard and current focus is to develop a diverse portfolio of mobile games that appeal to the passionate enthusiast and casual gamer alike. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 Gamebowl. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.