Redeemco.de - App Store Promo Codes Done Right
November 27, 2012 in iOS Development
[prMac.com] Prague, Czech Republic - TappyTaps launches Redeemco.de, the new web-based app marketing tool which helps developers distribute App Store promotional codes using a new method. With Redeemco.de developers can offer a promo code to more than the usual 50 people and, consequently, get far greater exposure for all their apps.
"We developed Redeemco.de simply because we needed such a tool for promoting our apps" said Jindrich Sarson, CEO of TappyTaps. "When requesting app reviews in press, it is really painful to deal with promo codes. Developers have only 50 of them and you have no idea if the code has been used or not; so, at the end, most of your codes expire unused."
A desire to make life easier for both app developers and app reviewers was the primary reason that the TappyTaps team decided to develop Redeemco.de.
With Redeemco.de, the developer sends a special "Code link" instead of the promo code itself; the real promo code is dispersed only when the recipient is interested in trying the app. As the number of these links is not limited in any way, everyone has the possibility to download the app for free with just two clicks. At the same time, codes are not wasted on those who are not interested. Furthermore, unlike the traditional promo codes - and as an added bonus - the links never expire.
* Smart promo code management. Sending "code links" instead of the real promo codes enables developers to introduce their app to a wider audience without wasting any of their promo codes. When these codes are redeemed, developers know straightaway who has redeemed them, thereby easing the follow-up to interested parties. In addition, bloggers and journalist have no need to ask for, or deal with, promo codes and can simply install the app with just two clicks.
* Promotions. Contacts in Redeemco.de can be organized into promotions according to country or occasion.
* Effective giveaways. You can set the number of codes to giveaway and then paste the giveaway link to Facebook, Twitter or a forum. Redeemco.de will create a beautiful landing page, offer to distributes free codes for the lucky ones, and direct purchase for the rest. As an added value, users do not have to waste time copying and pasting the promo codes, only to find out that they have already been redeemed.
* Useful statistics. These make it easy to find out who has used your codes and how your promotions or giveaways have performed
* Press recruiting page. On this page, the press guys can request promo codes for application. "If you want the promo code for our app, send us an email," is boring. Developers can now use a special recruitment link instead - far better and far easier!
* Online application. This can be accessed from any computer or tablet without the need for an iTunes Connect login. This makes it possible to cooperate within a team where not everyone has access to iTunes Connect.
* Supports iOS App store and Mac app store apps
Following feedback from his team, Sarson states, "We have been testing Redeemco.de for over six months when promoting our Baby Monitor 3G app, and we get great results. We managed to generate up to 70% more reviews in press than we did before."
TappyTaps plans to introduce more features in the near future, starting with the iBooks store support, more advance giveaways and, last but not least, promo codes for Android apps (which are now in the testing phase). The goal is to become a complete CRM system for app developers and publishers.
Pricing and Availability:
Redeemco.de is currently in beta version and available for free. The basic version will remain free when, in early 2013, affordable advanced features are to be introduced.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, TappyTaps is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 12 innovative products, so far. Copyright (C) 2009-2012 TappyTaps. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.