Random House Launches George R.R. Martin's A World of Ice and Fire
November 27, 2012 in Entertainment
[prMac.com] New York, New York - Today, the Random House Publishing Group launched George R. R. Martin's A World Of Ice And Fire - A Game Of Thrones Guide 1.0. The app is now available on iOS devices and will be available soon on Nook devices.
A World Of Ice And Fire is the first official app guide for George R. R. Martin's bestselling series that began with A Game of Thrones. With profiles of more than 540 characters, 380 places, and major houses, along with interactive world maps, this exhaustive guide is the must-have reference for fans of "A Song of Ice and Fire."
* Anti-spoiler functionality that you can customize based on where you are in the book cycle to prevent you from seeing spoilers
* 540+ character profiles with detailed historical bios, family and house information, book appearances, and corresponding actor roles
* 380+ place profiles with descriptions for castles, towns, regions, geographical features and more
* Fully interactive versions of all the official maps from the "A Song of Ice and Fire" Cycle
* Completely new text written specially for this app by Elio M. Garca, Jr. and Linda Antonsson of Westeros.org - the premier fan site for the A Song of Ice and Fire cycle
The free limited content version of the app includes eight POV characters from A Game of Thrones and interactive maps for the North and South. Additional InfoPacks based on each book are available for purchase. Users buy once and receive all new information as InfoPacks are updated.
Six InfoPacks to Choose From - Buy Once and Get Free Updates:
* A Game of Thrones - $1.99
* A Clash of Kings - $0.99
* A Storm of Swords - $0.99
* A Feast For Crows - $0.99
* A Dance With Dragons - $0.99
* Five Novel InfoPack - Get all five InfoPacks for only $4.99
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, iPod touch (3rd/4th/5th generation), and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.0 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 439 MB
Pricing and Availability:
George R. R. Martin's A World Of Ice And Fire - A Game Of Thrones Guide 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
The flagship imprint of Random House, Inc., the Random House Publishing Group had its origins in 1925 when Bennett Cerf and Donald Klopfer, two New Yorkers in their mid-twenties, acquired a line of classics and contemporary American works called The Modern Library from publisher Horace Liveright. The company assumed the name Random House two years later, in 1927, when Cerf and Klopfer decided to publish a few books on the side, "at random." Their artist friend Rockwell Kent drew his now celebrated logo of a random house, which made its debut in February 1927. Among the first titles of the new imprint were limited editions illustrated by Kent of Voltaire's "Candide" and Melville's "Moby Dick." Copyright (C) 2012 Random House Publishing Group. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
Appency for Random House
Random House Publishing Group