Smoky Cat Software Releases Heart Graph for Kettlebelling app for iOS
February 12, 2013 in Health and Fitness
[prMac.com] Oxford, United Kingdom - Smoky Cat Software today is proud to announce that Heart Graph for Kettlebelling is now available on the App Store for iPhone(R), iPad(R) and iPod touch(R). Heart Graph lets users see how their heart rate behaves during exercise, and crucially supports comparison of the heart rate graph across workouts. This comparison allows users to adjust the intensity of their workout to make the most of each and every session. Users can also monitor the effectiveness of training over time to help meet their own goals.
"Your body is different every day, and it is easy to over-train or take it too easy", says Thomas Wright, founder of Smoky Cat Software. "Perhaps you're tired from work or have a minor illness - it can be better to do a lighter session and give your body the time it needs to recover. Or maybe this is one of those days when you don't feel fully motivated, but actually your body is ready for anything! Heart rate monitoring puts you in control of how hard your workout should be."
The time-based record provided by Heart Graph allows extra information to be easily associated with different parts of the session. For example each set can be highlighted on the heart rate curve, with colours distinguishing between sets of a particular length and those with a fixed number of repetitions. Seeing those sections marked when reviewing workout data supports a deeper understanding of how the body is responding to the training plan.
Features of Heart Graph for Kettlebelling include:
* Plot your heart rate against time during your workout
* Compare heart rate from a "reference set" in a previous workout to your current session
* Review all your workouts offline (e.g., to spot trends in your training)
* Add your own notes to each workout (e.g., to record details of a particular session, sets, reps, how you felt etc.)
* Filter workouts based on the notes you've entered
* Share workout data with friends via email
* Device rotation to landscape for iPhone and iPod touch maximises screen area for graphs
Beyond the basics, a single $1.99 (USD) In-App Purchase will enable the Premium Features of the app, giving you access to more in-depth comparison and additional features to support your workout:
* Audio rep counting so you never lose count - simply make a noise every time you complete a rep and the app does the rest
* Automatic timer for time-based sets lets you know when the set is done - no more watching the clock
* Mark sections of the heart rate graph as either rep-based or time-based sets to better record the details of each specific workout
* Mark the end of each time-based and rep-based set so you can monitor how your heart rate falls when the set is over
* Compare workout and reference set statistics (such as max and mean heart rate) over time to look for trends in your training
* Side-by-side comparison of the reference sets from multiple selected workouts
* Import workout data from other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
* Export workout data to other apps or your computer using Garmin TCX format files
* Attach an image of your heart rate graph to emails for sharing with others
* A compatible heart rate sensor: either low-energy bluetooth (BTLE), or ANT+ connected using the Wahoo Fitness Key
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 16.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Heart Graph for Kettlebelling 1.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Health & Fitness category.
Heart Graph for Kettlebelling 1.0
Download from iTunes
Located in Oxford, United Kingdom, Smoky Cat Software was founded in 2012 by Dr Thomas Wright, DPhil. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2013 Thomas Wright, Smoky Cat Software / All Rights Reserved. Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.