March 5, 2013 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Cupertino, California - People of all ages around the world who can't get enough clues, letters and words to satisfy their crossword puzzle addiction, can now download the feature-filled new app Crosswords :-) and enjoy hundreds of high-quality, challenging crossword puzzles anytime and anywhere. Designed by Devarai, Crosswords :-) features puzzles in three languages - English, German and Spanish - and offers users a variety of extras, including:
* A new no-cost, high quality puzzle each week
* Easy "one-click" toggling between across clues and down clues
* Automatic jump to the next clue when a word is finished
* The option to write via pen or pencil - depending on skill and confidence
* The option to skip filled-out squares
* Errors that immediately show up in red
* High scores to track progress and improvement
* Helpful hints on-demand
Plus, Crosswords :-) can be viewed in either landscape or portrait mode, and the device's keyboard hides away so that puzzles take up the entire screen. Users can also pinch puzzles to zoom in and zoom out.
"Crossword puzzle lovers know that it's more than a hobby, it's an addiction!" commented Henning Dierolf of Devarai. "And that's why so much time and effort has gone into creating the app. It's easy to use, lots of fun, and contains hundreds of high-quality puzzles. Plus, crossword puzzles are great learning tools, and help build vocabulary and concentration skills. So that means people will have fun while they learn, which is always the best way!"
* iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPod touch
* iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular
* iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* Size: 32.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Crosswords :-) 1.1 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. A fee-based Pro version, which includes more unlocked puzzles, is also available.
Devarai is a dynamic design and development company based in Munich, Germany with a passion for creating some of the best products in the digital marketplace. Copyright (C) 2013 Devarai. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.