June 24, 2013 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Miami, Florida - ProtectStar today releases a new update v1.0.1 of iCrypter for Apple iOS. A new app that provides strong 256-bit encryption for incoming and outgoing messages sent via SMS, e-Mail, iMessage, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp or Skype. Unlike other encryption apps, there is no pay-per-message charge. The iCrypter Contact Book is itself encrypted, and it stores the different passwords shared by the sender and his or her contacts, which allow them to open each other's messages using the iCrypter app on their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
The encryption process is carried out right on the user's device, and the symmetrical cryptography method, where sender and receiver share a common key, guarantees that messages can be read solely by their intended recipients.
* Powerful 256-bit encryption for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Ensure the privacy and security of sensitive information sent in a message
* Ideal for messages sent via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype or iMessage
* Built-in iCrypter Contact Book keeps shared passwords encrypted
* Symmetrical cryptography guarantees that your messages can be read solely by their intended recipients
* Supports the encryption of photo, video and document attachments
* Integrated state-of-the-art ,Fail Safe Protection' security module securely deletes all data in the app if accessed by an unauthorized person
* Allows impregnably secure social-media interaction with friends or groups that have your secret password
It is well known that emails and text messages are much like postcards, as they can potentially be read by any Internet user. Passing through numerous server node points on the way to their destination, such communications are totally open, non-secured, and modifiable. ProtectStar, the experts in mobile security solutions, with more than 300,000 customers worldwide, developed iCrypter to enable users to easily send and receive emails and text messages that are 256-bit AES protected. The Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm is one of the most impregnable available today and is used to encrypt top-secret government, industrial, and military documents.
To further enhance the usability of this convenient encryption app, iCrypter contains an optional fail-safe feature. Should the iDevice be lost or stolen, all data, including encrypted messages and passwords, is erased if an incorrect password is used five times in an attempt to run the app (iCrypter's password is not an alphanumeric string, but a series of drags across an unlabeled, 4x4 keypad). Completely unrecoverable in accordance with military security standards, such as the U.S. Department of Defense's DoD 5220.22-M E method, the erase function employs ProtectStar's own, prize-winning, iShredder technology.
iCrypter is recommended for confidential correspondence between and within:
* Anyone who sends messages containing sensitive information
* Domestic or foreign company divisions or sites
* Attorneys, tax consultants, and clients
* Investment bankers
* Stockbrokers and institutional investors
* Mergers & Acquisitions managers
* Large companies
In addition to emails and other messages, iCrypter enables users to encrypt attached photos, videos, or other document files. Security conscious users can now send a message and an attached spreadsheet and have both encrypted automatically.
"The security experts at ProtectStar guarantee that iCrypter contains no hidden back door or master key," stated Chris Bohn CEO of ProtectStar Inc. "In the interests of complete transparency, the symmetrical encryption algorithm used in iCrypter is freely available to users for their own proprietary validation and analysis purposes."
* English, German, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for displays on all iOS devices
* 45 MB
Pricing and Availability:
ProtectStar iCrypter 1.0.1 is available in the Utility category of the iTunes AppStore. The app is regularly priced at $3.99 (USD), but available at the special launch price of $1.99 for a few days. Review copies are available on request.
Based in Miami, Florida, ProtectStar, Inc. was founded by Christopher Bohn in 2004. Their aim is to protect the users of tomorrow against unauthorized data access today. ProtectStar was among the first companies to check mobile devices for security risks, a pioneering effort leading to significant security improvements in mobile and smart phones. In 2006, it released Data Shredder for Windows, which has become an industry standard in secure data deletion. The company's iShredder for iOS, released in 2011, is the leading iOS data erasure app that protects against third parties restoring deleted files. ProtectStar has more than 300,000 customers in more than 30 countries, from industrial, business, institutional, government, and military sectors, as well as individual users. Copyright (C) 2004-2013 ProtectStar, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.