July 25, 2013 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is happy to announce the immediate availability of Default Folder X 4.5.10. This release brings performance and feature improvements to its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs. It also updates compatibility with the latest developer release of Mavericks, the upcoming version of OS X. Honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility, Default Folder X makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should."
Default Folder X's custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.5.10:
* Updated for compatibility with the latest Mavericks developer release.
* Default Folder X no longer hangs when your computer is responding slowly.
* Fixed a problem with the rebound feature intermittently failing to work.
* Made the background white for text file previews.
* Added a hidden option to turn Default Folder X back on in the Dock. See the Read Me file for instructions.
* The DFX AppleScript for including Default Folder X in your Finder toolbar now works correctly with Mac OS 10.8.4 and higher.
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.5 through Mavericks
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.5.10 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It is $14.95 (USD) for users who bought licenses before June 1, 2007, and costs $34.95 for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 10056 W. Unser Drive, Suite 302, Littleton, CO, USA. Copyright (C) 1988-2013 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.