July 25, 2013 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Cary, North Carolina - Remoter Labs has announced the release of Remoter 1.6.0 for OS X Snow Leopard, Lion and Mountain Lion, an update to their productivity app that enables users to remotely control Macs via Screen Sharing, and Windows or Linux computers using the VNC or RDP. The app now supports Directory, Printer and Clipboard sharing for RDP, and uses Bonjour and NetBIOS to make find servers. Sound redirection and easy setup, RDP, Telnet and SSH support are included.
The app offers one of the best integrated implementations of the VNC, RDP and SSH protocols on the Mac platform. Operation is intuitive, with a well thought out interface.
Version 1.6.0 brings a fresh coat of paint to Remoter. A new icon and look and feel keep the product fresh. Other additions include font smoothing, engine updates, better keyboard shortcut, multi-monitor support and backups with Dropbox as well as a flurry of bug fixes.
* A complete integrated solution
* Multiple simultaneous connections
* Fast VNC protocol 3.8 supported. Compatible with OSX (10.6.6 and up) Screen Sharing, the latest UltraVNC for Windows and Linux VNC servers
* Support for sound/music redirection from OSX and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion
* Support for RDP (w/encryption support). Including sound redirection!. SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels
* SSH supports public-key authentication. Included SSH Key management system to generate, copy to pasteboard the SSH keys
* Support for recording and running Macros
* International keyboard support for servers that don't support direct input mode: German, Swiss-German, Russian, French, Danish and Spanish Keyboard mappings
* UltraVNC MS Login Authentication Support, Server-Side Scaling
* Wake-on-Lan Support
* Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
* Support for 8bpp, 16bpp and 32bpp color depths
* Fullscreen mode even in Snow Leopard
* Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
* Printer sharing (RDP)
* Directory sharing (RDP)
* Font Smoothing (RDP)
* Sessions, SSH keys, Password manager entries can backed up and restored via Dropbox
What's New in Version 1.6.0:
* New more Mac like icon (perspective / transparent background. Note: You might need to reboot for the icon cache to update)
* RDP: Added font smoothing support / session editor option.
* Core enhancements: Codebase is now 64bit and ARC compliant. Code refactoring, rendering updates, crash reporting, new alert system, new cached grid rendering system, GCD updates, completely removed Chameleon
* Application size decrease from 18MB to 15MB!
* Code ARC compliant, weak referencing (even in SL thanks to PLWeakCompatibility!)
* Visual: Updated backgrounds in grid and in configuration screens, font in grid
* Ask on quit only if sessions are running. (When closing the window).
* SSH/Telnet Sessions: Setting color for initial BG/FG/Cursor is now configurable
* VNC engine updated
* Added support for screenshotting terminal sessions.
* Change the " " button to a back arrow when in the discovery list. (This helps indicate the user that this button will bring them back to the previous screen.)
* Keyboard Shortcuts: 1 - 5: Change the type selector, 6(or K): Change the category, Cmd F for "Find, Command N for "New Session", Cmd S or Cmd Z for "Sort Mode", Cmd D for "Discovery", Cmd R for "Refresh" discovery list. Cmd W Cmd-M for Minimize. Session Editor: Cmd S: Save Cmd W: Close.
* Added "Unassigned" special category. If selected, all sessions without a category are displayed.
* Better multi-monitor support over RemoterFusion
* RemoterFusion: Don't disconnect when remoter fusion connection fails, simply reconnect the RF session, Support for Ping from RF. Timeout (10sec). If a connection stops working, disconnect and reconnect. Added support for pasteboard message from RF. (strings only). Adding support for RemoterFusion unicode keystrokes. RemoterFusion Port can now be specified in Advanced settings. If enabled, then RF is used even if not a RF session.
* CloudSyncManager: Backup / Restore SSH Keys as well. Backup / Restores Password Manager entries too. Updated Dropbox sdk
* SSH/Terminal: Ask user if they want to enable requesting ssh username/password if these entries are left blank when saving the session.
* Use Mac App Store receipt for licensing if available
Bug Fixes In Version 1.6.0:
* Fix for F9, F10, F11, F12
* New alert system should correct all issues with alerts in previous versions
* Updated other app art that features the icon. Default thumbnail doesn't have gray bg anymore. Now starry sky.
* Corrected a bug in Session editor that would prevent the editor from coming up (exception) if the MAC field was nil.
* Corrected issue where "Please click connect" would be displayed even if not in RF session. But if RF name or pin were set by the user.
* Updates to clipboard polling, RDP: Updates to pasteboard(clipboard) sync: All pasteboard operations performed in the main thread now.
* Fix crash on session editor exit in some cases.
* IP address discovery for Netbios fix
* Aligning all framebuffers
* Fixed security pin for Mac to turn the screen black on prompt.
* Fixes that were causing Lion/ML from restoring windows incorrectly.
* SessionEditor: When selecting SSH key - change password to passphrase. Added option to bring up SSH Key Manager from ssh key dropdown. When ssh key manager exits, session editor reloads ssh keys.
* Fix for issue with RDP clipboard sync that caused problems when pasting formulas in Excel amongst other issues
* Fix for terminal sessions in retina display
* Session Editor: Fixed issue with being prompted to save in some cases even if no changes were made. (Still always ask on new session)
* If in discovery list mode: Search bar is not editable.
* Fixed restoration of secondary window after closing it. (Now it can be closed independently as well).
* Fixed combinations of special keys. (Command, Shift, Alt, Control)
* Spanish localization message issues corrected
* Made alerts more keyboard friendly: If the alert has no text fields: enter will perform the default action (rightmost button), Esc will simulate tapping on "Cancel" (if a button titled cancel exists. If the alert has text fields: enter on the bottom most text field will perform the default action.
* Fix for terminal follow cursor so that the cursor is only followed if it actually changes coordinates.
* Fix for crash on telnet connection refused in some cases
* Fixed some issues with reconnect: including potential crashes.
* Many other miscellaneous bugs squashed
English, Bokmal, Norwegian, German, Italian, Spanish
* 64bit Mac
* OS X 10.6.6 or higher
* 10.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Remoter 1.6.0 is now at the special price of $10.99 (USD) with free lifetime upgrades, and is available worldwide through the Mac App Store in the Productivity category. Review copies are available upon request
Located in Cary, North Carolina, Remoter Labs was founded by Raf Cabezas in May, 2010. The company seeks to produce high quality software while maintaining competitive pricing. Copyright (C) 2010-2013 Remoter Labs. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, Macintosh, OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. VNC is a registered trademark of RealVNC Ltd.