April 14, 2014 in Music (F)
[prMac.com] Barcelona, Spain - A new version of one of the most powerful DJ tools is now available on the App Store. Inqbarna, the development company behind deej, has launched its version 4.3 bringing some great new features to this DJ mixer with over a million users between all its versions. Great improvements when it comes to the music browser, BPM adjustments, smart transitions and, above all, an easiest and powerful way to share your music sessions to Mixcloud, Soundcloud and Dropbox. Welcome to the DJ era!
Users can now benefit as an easiest way to share their sessions to Mixcloud, the best service for EDM lovers, improvements when sharing to Dropbox, ability to search for music through iTunes within the app and some technical improvements like the beat-grid, BPM info in track browser and support for some DJ controllers such as Akiyama TTWO. With this update, deej has become one of the most powerful tools on the App Store, where it has reached the top of the music ranks in over 25 countries, including US, UK, Australia, Japan and nearly all Europe.
"Inqbarna is now focusing its strategy on what they call 'Social Music Apps' and that's why we have improved the sharing features in deej. We want users to mix, record and share their music sessions on the go, wherever they are. That's the magic of deej," claims Sergi Hernanz, CTO of Inqbarna's Social Music Apps.
Details of these improvements:
* Mixcloud: when a DJ wants to share its mixes to Mixcloud, now they can do it on the go, sharing an AAC file that needs no compression or format conversion. Now anyone can record its best DJ sessions, tag them and share them with the world via Mixcloud, a exclusive service for EDM (Electronic Dance Music) lovers
* iTunes tab on track browser that allows users to search for any song on iTunes within the app, pre-listen to them and buy them in case they want to keep them forever. BPM info on track browser to easily choose the tracks that best suit the ones that are rolling during the DJ session.
* Beat grid: users can speed up or slow down the tempo of a song to double or half its normal pace. And developers went a step further and allow you set manually the tempo of any track if you think its BPMs are not being set properly. Very useful tool for those advanced DJs that need to have everything under control
* Support for DJ controllers (hardware) is now open. After supporting ION DJ2GO and iDJ2GO, now it's time for Akiyama TTWO and developers want to open for users the option to map any controller by configuring a specific file on deej.
But developers claim that they are already working on something great. "It's time to integrate this DJ tool with some music sources. Next version will include a streaming music service that will make deej probably the best tool when it comes to create your own music, because it will be the only app that will allow you to mix, for real, a music stream," adds Sergi from Inqbarna.
* Loops & effects: echo, flanger, phaser
* Waveform control
* Save CUE points
* Interactive tutorial for beginners
* All-on-screen interface
* Record your sessions
* Upload your recordings to Mixcloud (R), SoundCloud (R) & Dropbox (R)
* 2 simultaneous tracks
* Pitch ( /-20%)
* BPM calculation
* Single CUE point
* Visible CUE point position
* 3 band equalizer
* Main crossfader
* Scratch/seek spinner
* Playlist support
* Copy & Paste audio
* Dropbox integration that allow you to export your mixes directly to your Dropbox account
* Universal app for iPhone and iPad
* Support for iPhone 5 and iPad retina displays
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 30.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
The new deej version has no extra cost for deej users, all they need to do is to update the app. For new users, deej 4.3 is still the same price as in prior versions: $5.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Music category.
InQBarna is a start-up founded in 2008 specialized in mobile music apps with headquarters in the 22@ district in Barcelona and partners in Los Angeles and Tokyo. InQBarna has a large experience in developing complex music apps, with a depth knowledge of music engineering focused the iOS platform. InQBarna has reached the sky of the App Store with its music apps Splyce and deej, being ranked #1 in over 50 countries including US, UK, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Germany, Spain, Italy.... InQBarna works the whole process of app creation, from its very first phase, including design, development and the publication of the app on the stores. InQBarna's list of clients include FC Barcelona, Labtrip, Grupo Godo, Eagle, Moxair, Inferret, On2 Technologies and Collectrium, among others. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2014 InQBarna. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.