December 11, 2014 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] San Paulo, Brazil - TotenDev Studios today is pleased to announce the release and immediate availability of Atmosflares 1.0, their new space puzzle game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Atmosflares is a colorful and fast-paced game that challenges players to link and explode flares through a simple touch interface. Combos can be achieved with a swipe of the finger and for each combo of colored flares, players earn points and stars to achieve a high score. The more combos of flares that the player can make, the higher the score they can earn.
There are two modes of gameplay in Atmosflares: Career and Survival. In Survival mode, players have infinite gameplay and can explore all 14 realistic worlds within the Solar System. Career mode offers over 60 challenging levels that once successfully achieved, unlock additional realistic worlds that they can explore. Each level is procedural-generated so gameplay is different every time the user plays the game. Additionally, each of the 14 worlds is presented with its own reality-based scenario in optimized retina graphics and high quality sound effects and music.
* Simple touch User Interface
* Two main gameplay modes: Career and Survival
* Over 60 levels of gameplay in Career mode
* Infinite gameplay in Survival mode
* 14 different realistic worlds to explore
* Procedural-generated levels
* Earn strategic powers that increase difficulty
* Over 40 different Achievements to earn
* Game Center-supported
* Exclusive high quality soundtrack and special effects
* Issue challenges and compare achievements with friends
* Optimized retina graphics
* Additional worlds and special powers also available as in-app purchase
* High score tracking and gameplay stats
* Game tutorial
To increase the challenge, Atmosflares contains strategic powers that are stored in the player's virtual backpack and can be collected during gameplay or in-app purchase. There are 8 good strategic powers that make the game easier to play. At the start of each level, players may choose up to 3 good strategic powers that they can activate during the level with a single tap. Some good strategic powers can override the effects of a bad strategic power. Players can refer to each strategic power and its counterparts in the Info area of the Power Selection screen. These good strategic powers include:
* Unicolor - tints all flares the same color
* Slow Motion - slows time down
* Oracle - reveals the quantity and colors of upcoming flares
* Ninja - destroys all bad powers launched in the level's remaining time
* Lucky Guy - increases the chance of same colored flares and multicolor flares
* Freeze Multiplier - freezes the multiplier value
* Double Multiplier - doubles the current multiplier value
* Capsule - protects all flares from Heavy Rain and Windy powers
There are also 8 bad strategic powers that make the game harder to play. The player must avoid tapping on these bad strategic powers or they will be triggered instantly. These bad strategic powers include:
* Bleacher - bleaches colors of flares making it harder to form combos
* Fast Forward - speeds time up
* Windy - increases wind which makes flares change direction and fade more quickly
* Bad Ninja - destroys all good powers launched in the level's remaining time
* Bad Luck - decreases the chance of same colored flares and multicolor flares
* Mini Me - makes all flares tiny and hard to select
* Bomber - explodes bomb that will break combos and spread flares across screen
* Heavy Rain - causes rain to fall and flares to fade faster
Atmosflares has over 40 achievements that range from Beginner to Expert levels. There are achievements and leaderboards in both the local and online Game Center versions. Within the Profile section, Atmosflares maintains a local high score leaderboard, tracking of all achievements, and the player's gameplay stats. Online and local leaderboards allow players to compete against friends or themselves.
"We're very excited about the release of Atmosflares," says Gabriel Debes of TotenDev Studios. "It's been in production for almost two years and is our company's first game. We've filled it with all the bells and whistles that make a game great like stunning graphics, an amazing soundtrack and special effects, and a challenging objective. With Atmosflares, players can test their endurance and agility exploding flares, dodging evil powers and earning the highest score to climb the leaderboard.
He continues, "Exploring space and exploding flares is fun, but can be challenging. That is why Atmosflares is filled with achievements for the player to collect within and without Game Center. We believe Atmosflares offers a fun, new challenge that gamers are going to love!"
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6 or later
* 185 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Atmosflares 1.0 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Review copies are available upon request.
Based in San Paulo, Brazil, TotenDev Studios is an independent development studio that was founded in 2009 by Gabriel Debes. TotenDev Studios develops games and third party applications for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2014 TotenDev Studios. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.