December 12, 2014 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Denver, Colorado - St. Clair Software is pleased to make Default Folder X 4.6.12 available today. This version of its award-winning utility for enhancing Open and Save dialogs corrects issues in Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite, including fixing a bug in OS X that causes some Save dialogs to grow larger every time you save a file. It also tracks your recent folders better, its contextual menu works in column view in Yosemite, and its menubar menu has been reorganized to provide faster access to your folders.
Default Folder X was honored with Macworld Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for Best System Enhancement Utility because it makes Open and Save dialogs "work the way they should." Its custom keyboard shortcuts put your favorite and recent folders at your fingertips. Pop-up menus let you navigate your folders and open Finder windows. Previews, Spotlight comments and tags are there when you need them. Open, save, and get back to work: Default Folder X is workflow for the rest of us.
What's New in Default Folder X 4.6.12:
* Default Folder X works around a bug in Yosemite that causes Save As sheets in some applications to grow by 22 pixels each time you save a file
* Recently used folders are now tracked correctly in Carbon applications running on Yosemite
* Default Folder X's contextual menu now works correctly in file dialogs using column view when running Yosemite
* There's now a GetSets AppleScript verb to return a list of the folder sets in your Default Folder X preferences
* Tags are updated correctly when AppleScript is used to change the name of the file being saved
* Default Folder X will make sure the initial folder is set correctly in NetNewsWire and Apple Mail
* Default Folder X's menubar menu has been reorganized to put more frequently-used items at the top
St. Clair Software recommends that anyone using Default Folder X install this free update.
* Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.10 Yosemite
Pricing and Availability:
Default Folder X 4.6.12 is a free update for existing version 4 users. It costs $34.95 (USD) for new users. Please see the St. Clair Software web site for screencasts, screenshots, a full change log, and additional feature information.
Based in Denver, Colorado, St. Clair Software is a privately held company that has been specializing in utilities and custom software solutions for the Macintosh since 1988. St. Clair Software can be contacted at: St. Clair Software, 271 S. Emerson Street, Denver, CO, USA 80209. Copyright (C) 1988-2014 St. Clair Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.