December 12, 2014 in Utilities (F)
[prMac.com] Bethel Park, Pennsylvania - Got a gift card over the holidays? Have you ever been out with only a gift card and no extra funds for purchases? When you are buying a meal did you ever find yourself not knowing if your gift card would cover that extra side or drink once taxes were applied, or if gratuity would even be covered? The same could happen with a department store gift card because it can be confusing when some items are taxable and some aren't. What about when you are at the checkout and you see something that you would like to have, but you have no idea if that extra impulse item will put you over the card balance? Independent developer Shawn Berry introduces the updated version of The Gift Card Calculator for the iPhone and iPad. The app will help you get an indicator of what you can really spend with your card and stay under the card's balance.
New Features in 2.0:
* Save up to 10 Gift Card Balances
* All new GUI design with a crisp, clean look
* Apply a % off on an item
* Simple easy to use interface, no swiping back and forth in multiple screens
* Add transactions as you walk around the store to see a running balance and display of what you would pay if you checked out right now
* Add a gratuity percentage if using a restaurant card. Displays tip amount to be given
* Simple Tax On/Off switch when adding in a non-taxable item
* Helps young adults understand what they can really purchase with their Gift Card, without calling their parents for financial backup
* Great assistance tool to use when shopping on the web with a gift card
* If you ever had a gift card, you Need this app to aid in making smart decisions
* Great app to complement holiday gift cards
"A powerful tool that will keep you focused on your spending goals." says Shawn Berry.
Gift Card Calculator offers an easy to use interface, simply plug in a gift card value, sales tax rate and gratuity if dining. The simple controls make this a must-have app for anyone with a gift card.
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 33.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Gift Card Calculator 2.0 will be offered for free for a limited time worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pensylvania, independent developer Shawn Berry is focused on creating useful, state-of-the-art applications for the iOS platform. Copyright (C) 2014 Shawn Berry. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.