March 4, 2015 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Singapore - Basil Salad Software today announced the availability of Scuttlebutt 2.0. This second iteration brings support for new facilities introduced in Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" as well as features coming from user requests. Scuttlebutt is the only Yammer client for Mac Power Users. Designed from the ground up to be at home in Mac OS X Yosemite, Scuttlebutt has full support for the Mac's notification center, share sheets, menu bar item, and much more. Scuttlebutt is being used by companies of various sizes that relies on Yammer - from small organizations to large "Fortune 100" companies.
* "Scuttlebutt enables me to work with several Yammer networks without requiring to have browser windows open all the time".
* "Scuttlebutt's compact size and clean UI enables me to keep Yammer visible at all times".
New Features in 2.0:
* New design - Scuttlebutt has been redesigned to blend in with Yosemite's upgraded look and feel
* Chat - easily conduct multiple conversations via Yammer private messages
* Share Sheet - post updates from Safari's Share button and other applications supporting Yosemite's sharing extension
* Social Sharing - easily re-post Yammer updates to other social media accounts configured in your Mac
* VIP messages - mark people as VIP quickly see their public conversations in your network
* Integrated feed - the combined feed allows you to see all messages across networks and accounts - now part of the main window
* Help Book - built-in fully searchable documentation
Other features and Benefits:
* Native Cocoa experience
* Support the Mac's Services menu - post Yammer updates or send files to your Yammer networks from any Mac application
* Multi-account support - be logged-in simultaneously to more than one Yammer network
* Notification center support - get Yammer updates in the Mac's notification center
* Background mode - run Scuttlebutt from the menu bar without any dock icon
* Developer console - try out Yammer's API calls, useful to integrate Yammer with your intranet applications
* Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" or newer
* A Yammer account accessible via a user-id/password combination (SSO is currently not supported)
* An Internet connection
Pricing and Availability:
Due to popular demand, Scuttlebutt is now exclusive to the Mac App Store. Scuttlebutt 2.0 lists for $29.99 (USD) and offers these optional upgrades as in-app purchases:
* Multiple active accounts - $39.99
* Developer console (Yammer API tester) - $9.99
Please refer to our website for more information. We are offering all members of the media a free copy of Scuttlebutt for review purposes. Further information can also be found online in the Basil Salad Software Pressroom.
Founded in February 2009, Basil Salad Software is a young software startup with the vision of creating delicious software for everyday use. We believe that good software should be simple, fun, and easy to use. We are currently offering software for the Mac OS X and iOS platforms. Copyright (C) 2009-2015 Basil Salad Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac OS X are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Basil Salad Software is not affiliated with Microsoft Corporation.