March 17, 2015 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Ann Arbor, Michigan - Humble Daisy today is proud to announce the release and immediate availability of SonicPics 2.5, a major update to its popular digital storytelling app for iOS devices. SonicPics lets you create, narrate and share custom photo slide shows. The app records your voice while you flip through your images and automatically synchronizes your images to the audio recording. Publish your recordings to YouTube, share them via WiFi, save to your photo library, or email to your friends. Half price through Wednesday.
SonicPics is a tool for creating and narrating custom photo slide shows on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. SonicPics lets users select images from the iOS device's photo library or built in camera to make custom slideshows. They can then record a voiceover, narrating the images as they swipe through them. Once finished, users can export a video with their images synchronized to their narration. Recordings can then be shared in a variety of ways including posting to YouTube.
"We are really excited about the new features we are adding to SonicPics in this release!" explained Dave Chmura, CEO of Humble Daisy, Inc. "The number one requested feature has been the ability to add a background track when making a recording, which is part of this release."
SonicPics is a great fit for the classroom. "SonicPics is one of our go-to apps any time we need to hear from our students about their thinking and learning." Carlyn Skibba explained in a review of the app. It is great "for any teacher who wants peek "under the hood" and really understand the complexity of student thought."
* Added - Ability to add and record background music
* Added - Support for the 6 and 6XL
* Added - New share options. Now share with YouTube, DropBox, Vimeo, Facebook, Google , iCloud, email, iMessage, Evernote, Slack, Storehouse, HipChat, and more
* Updated - Major User Interface updates
* Updated - Recording processing speeds improved
* Fixed - Several minor bugs and user interface enhancements
SonicPics Feature Highlights Include:
* Create and narrate custom photo slideshows
* Records your voice and/or background music while you flip through your images
* Automatically synchronizes your images to the audio recording
* Publish your recordings to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, Evernote, Google , iCloud, iMessage, Slack, Storehouse, email, and more...
* Present your stories on the big screen using video out while recording or to watch recordings
* Make .m4v movies of your images and narrations from your iPhone or iPod touch or iPad
* Recordings processed right on your phone, no 3rd party service required
* Intuitive user interface
* iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch (2nd generation)
* Requires iOS 7.1 or later
* 4.53 MB
Pricing and Availability:
To celebrate this release, SonicPics 2.5.0 will be available for only $0.99 (USD) through Wednesday (Reg $1.99). It is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Review copies are available to the media upon request.
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Humble Daisy, Inc. is a privately funded company founded in 2002 by husband-wife team of David and Michael Chmura. With a focus on the Mac platform, Humble Daisy's goal is to provide simple and elegant, user-centered solutions to facilitate personal and professional success. Copyright 2002-2015 Humble Daisy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and Keynote are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.