May 12, 2015 in Disk Cataloging (E)
[prMac.com] Langenhahn, Germany - Norbert M. Doerner has released NeoFinder 6.7 (formerly known as CDFinder). The new version has improved cataloging of RAW, DPX, and Open Office files, and more. NeoFinder makes it easier than ever to keep track of your digital files, photos, songs, movies, fonts on hard disks, USB sticks, server disks, Blu-ray disks, DVD-ROMs, CDROMs, and any other digital media. NeoFinder generates thumbnails and reads a lot of metadata during cataloging, for powerful search possibilities, smart folders, albums, and more.
New Features in NeoFinder 6.7:
* Can now catalog the contents Open Office text files ('.odt' and '.ott')
* NeoFinder can now catalog DPX (Digital Picture Exchange) video still images and read their SMTPE timecode
* Added support to catalog PhaseOne RAW images ('.iiq')
* Added support to catalog Leica RAW images ('.rwl')
* NeoFinder can now catalog the structure of CBR and CBZ (Comic Book Archives) files
* You can now edit the comment for multiple items in catalogs at once in the Inspector
* Several additional columns can now be edited directly in the List View
* You can now catalog the Adobe XMP data in PNG images
* Several Importers can ignore invisible files during the Import
* You can now sort the Icon View by Modification Date and by Path
* The DatabaseSettings.xml now has a new section to completely ignore certain files during cataloging, for example XMP sidecar files
* IPTC keywords and Tags are now displayed sorted in the Inspector
* You can now edit the item names in Column View
Metadata - NeoFinder catalogs metadata of songs, movies, fonts, and photos, including the MP3-Tags of several audio file formats, EXIF, GPS, and IPTC data of photos, and also Adobe XMP information. All these are clearly arranged in the user interface, and can be extensively searched. For numerous photo and video formats, fonts, and text files, NeoFinder generates thumbnails during cataloging, displaying them in all list and icon views.
Integration - Offering a tight connection to major productivity tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Roxio Toast, FileMaker Pro, Apples Spotlight and Finder, and the extensive support of drag&drop into other applications, NeoFinder can support many workflow scenarios.
Geotagging - Only NeoFinder offers the integrated GeoFinder, which searches for photos taken near a spot, or the KMZ export for coordinates and photo thumbnails as a way to give geolocated photos to friends. NeoFinder can even geotag photos itself, no other software needed. And only NeoFinder displays amazing facts about any geolocation in the unique Wikipedia Inspector.
Networking - Store your catalog database on a server for access from all Macs in the network, and with the sidekick product abeMeda (was CDWinder for Windows) even from Microsoft Windows.
Mobile - Keep your NeoFinder database with you on your iPhone or iPad with the separate NeoFinder for iOS app.
Since the initial release of CDFinder 1.0 in 1995, more than 60,000 customers in 95 countries around the world are using CDFinder and now NeoFinder to organise their digital library, and manage their data archive and backups, including NASA, IKEA, BBC, Mattel, Rand McNally, Pfizer, Random House, Oracle, and Warner Bros.
* German, English, French, Swedish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Japanese
* Requires Mac OS X v10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10 Mavericks
* Previous CDFinder and NeoFinder versions for older Mac OS versions are still available
* Separate app for iOS (iPhone and iPad) is available, too
Pricing and Availability:
NeoFinder 6 is a paid update to licensed users of CDFinder, update price starting at 19 Euros. Cross-grades for users of competing applications (DiskLibrary, FileFinder, CatFinder, Canto Cumulus, Disk Tracker, DiskCatalogMaker, Atomic View, iView Media Pro, and more) are available. A free NeoFinder demo version can be downloaded from the NeoFinder website, the price for new users starts at 29,00 (EUR). Multiple user packs are available for network users. NeoFinder 6.6 is a free update to all NeoFinder customers.
Norbert M. Doerner is a computer scientist with a love for integration and cool products. He develops great Macintosh software since 1991. Popular products include the disk cataloger NeoFinder (was CDFinder), various plugins for the Finder, iPhoto and Aperture, and the audio transcription software F5.app. Copyright (C) 1991-2015 Norbert M. Doerner. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.