May 18, 2015 in Gaming (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - MacPlay today announced that the best-selling 4X strategy game, StarDrive 2 is now available worldwide on the Apple's Mac App Store. Developed by Zero Sum Games and published by Iceberg Interactive, players in StarDrive 2 will reach into the unexplored regions of space fully loaded with options to engage in massive real-time space combat or enter into the all new ground combat, partner with friendly factions, research new technologies, design new ships, and much more. Built on the Unity Engine, StarDrive 2 is highlighted by its impressive new levels of graphic polish and detail, streamlined interfaces, and intense, sophisticated 4X gameplay.
StarDrive 2 is a turn-based 4X strategy that builds on the premise of the popular original game, StarDrive, with the goal of building an empire to span the stars. Players will explore a vibrant galaxy filled with danger and intrigue in a deep turn-based strategy layer. Fans will design custom spaceships and deploy them into real-time battles with spectacular graphics and effects, and they'll hire heroes to conquer alien civilizations in turn-based tactical ground-combat mode. StarDrive 2 is the 4X game that fans have been waiting years for.
"Creating StarDrive 2 on the Unity engine has been a rich, rewarding experience, and now that it's complete, I am totally excited for fans of the franchise and 4X genre to dive in," said Daniel DiCicco, Zero Sum Games. "There is so much more here that 4X gamers will enjoy: The ship design offers a better, faster interface, the ground battles add diversity, new alien races add complexity, and the Unity Engine shines in the background all the while."
StarDrive 2 Gameplay Features:
* Turn-based, Real-time: Players build a space empire in a turn-based environment, but experience battles in real-time
* Nine Alien Races: Experience a multitude of pirate factions, handle interspecies relations, conduct diplomacy and espionage, and make alien friends or enemies
* Ship Design: Build ships in the Custom Ship Design Mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects
* Heroes: Gamers can hire unique heroes to govern their worlds or to command their mighty fleets in battle
* Expansive Universe and Lore: Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants and more, and discover the extensive, unique lore by encountering dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same
* High Tech: Gamers can research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to their race, and unlock even more through in-game events and galactic exploration
* Battle Arena Mode: Enter Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents
* OS: Mac OS X 10.8 or higher
* Processor: 2.5 Ghz Intel Core 2
* Memory: 4 GB RAM
* Graphics: 1 GB nVidia Geforce GT460 or equivalent, 500 MB ATI HD4850 or equivalent
* Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
* Additional Notes: Minimum Resolution: 1366 x 768
Pricing And Availability:
StarDrive 2 is currently available worldwide on the Mac App Store in the Games category for $29.99 (USD).
MacPlay's 3.0 mission is to provide publishers and developers an exciting and profitable way of distributing their games on the Mac App Store and other platforms. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2015 MacPlay. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.