May 5, 2016 in Photo and Video (F)
[prMac.com] Amsterdam, Netherlands - DEVART is proud to announce the launch of Snaptric 1.0, their new photo editing app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. Snaptric allows photographers to select a set of group shots taken in succession and then replace the faces that don't look right with better ones from the set. The process takes just a few seconds. All users need to do is tap on the face they want to replace and use a slider to choose another. The impressive feature is that users can preview their results while sliding, showing how the replacements fit seamlessly.
Most times when photographers take photos of a group, one person blinks, another looks away, or has the wrong expression. So usually they take a couple of photos and then choose the best one. Snaptric however, can replace the faces that don't look good with better ones within seconds.
This is how Snaptric Works:
1. The user selects one photo from a set of photos with the same background and people, taken in succession. Snaptric automatically detects which photo's belong to the same set and loads them all.
2. Tapping on a face highlights it and brings up a slider with thumbnails representing the photoset.
3. This enables the users to choose a face with a better expression; While sliding they can preview the result immediately.
4. The result can be saved or shared in full resolution.
Snaptric works as standalone app but also as extension of the built-in Camera and Photo app, so users can also take pictures with the Camera app and directly edit their photos there. Selecting is extremely fast and simple, because after selecting one photo, the app will select the other relevant photos, (or load when using the Photos app). The app also has an auto-mix button that automatically combines the best faces on the different photos into one group photo.
The Technology Behind Snaptric:
Snaptric's advanced face detection in combination with the automatic layer management makes replacing the faces very easy. The cutting edge Metal acceleration makes it blazing fast, enabling users to view replacements in real time. The smart Image stabilisation calculates the best way to align the photo set. Invisible seams are made by the Snaptric(TM) algorithm, a specially developed seam-stitching technique, that snaps together the selections in the right place. Snaptric is localized in English, Dutch, French, German and Japanese.
* Shows previews of the replaced faces real time while using the slider
* Uses existing photos or takes new photos
* Access directly from the Camera or Photo app
* Super picker, quickly selects relevant photos
* Saves in full resolution (12 MP)
* Shares on Instagram, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook etc
* Supports Portrait and Landscape mode
* Fast, due to cutting edge Metal acceleration
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 9.0 or later
* 7.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Snaptric 1.0 is just $2.99 USD (or an equivalent amount in other currencies), and is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo and Video category.
DEVART is well known for its fluid and user-centred UIs. DEVART creates apps and devices that are elegant and extremely user friendly. Previously they have successfully developed best selling apps including CalAlarm, Wines and several Holidays apps. All Material and Software (C) Copyright 2016 DEVART. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.