May 9, 2016 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] Luxembourg - Houdah Software today is pleased to announce the release of HoudahSpot 4.2, a major update to the popular file search tool for Mac OS X. HoudahSpot is the go-to tool for Mac users who need to find a precise document, mail message, photo, video, artwork etc. in a "haystack" of files. HoudahSpot helps users find the files they need:
* Mails about a CV or resume received this year
* Word processing files containing an invoice or estimate
* Image files named "logo" more than 512 pixels wide
* Files created, modified or opened within the last 7 days
HoudahSpot is a powerful, versatile and highly customizable file search tool for Mac. It provides an interface to search the existing Spotlight index: a powerful search criteria editor, customizable results display, search templates, preview of text matches, and more.
HoudahSpot looks and works the way you expect a file search tool to work: Fill in search criteria. Specify the folders you want to search. Refine by adding and combining criteria. Add columns to better sort and explore search results. Preview files and text matches. Work with the files you have found.
* Quick search field: start a search by typing just a few words
* Multi-criteria file search: Find files by name, text, content kind, author, recipient, image dimensions, and more
* Easy-to-use criteria editor: Combine search criteria to narrow down search results to the exact files you need
* Smart location selection: Search multiple folders at once, and exclude others
* Customizable results display: View search results as list or grid. Add columns. Sort
* Concise file info: See properties relevant to the selected file type
* Preview of file content: See text matches in context
* Saved searches and templates: Use as starting points for recurring searches
* Fully customizable. Set default search window to match your workflow
New in HoudahSpot 4.2:
* Much faster text preview
* Improved grid view with Finder tag colors and long file names
* Improved file tagging control shows which tags are applied to all or only to some of the selected files
* Filters by file name and path now accept the * as wildcard to match any number of characters
HoudahSpot turns 10 years old:
HoudahSpot 1.0 was released on May 8, 2006. It was born out of the idea to combine the speed of Mac OS X Spotlight with the flexibility and precision of standard file search: "unleash Spotlight." With HoudahSpot 1.0, building precise searches became a matter of just a few clicks. Over the years, HoudahSpot has grown to be ever more powerful and yet as easy to use as ever. This has earned it a strong following as well as glowing reviews.
* "HoudahSpot is absolutely both a necessity and critical in making my workflow life manageable!"
* "I found its power to be unparalleled. Simply put, it finds everything, and it does so remarkably quickly."
* "For me a true killer app since years - helped me so often finding long missed info fast and easy..."
* "Great new version. This is Spotlight done right. You can built complex searches in an easy way."
* "HoudahSpot gives you nice tools to actually do something with the results of your search."
* OS X 10.10 Yosemite or 10.11 El Capitan
* Spotlight enabled
* 11 MB of disk space
Pricing and Availability:
HoudahSpot 4.2 is priced at $29 (USD) for a single-user license. A full-featured trial version is available. Licenses can be purchased from the Houdah Software store. Upgrade from previous versions start at $17. Upgrades are available through in-app purchases. HoudahSpot licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2014 remain valid for HoudahSpot 4. Prices are in USD and exclusive of tax.
Founded in 2005 by Pierre Bernard, Houdah Software s.a r.l is a small company based in Luxembourg, Europe. Houdah Software specializes in quality software for Mac, iPhone and Apple iPad. Our mission is to pair quality products with excellent customer support. All Material and Software Copyright (C) 2005-2016 / Houdah Software s.a r.l. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Macintosh, Mac OS X, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.