December 3, 2009 in Image Editing (E)
[prMac.com] Ghent, Belgium - Blue Crowbar Software today released LightBrush 1.0, a plugin that provides simple image editing for iPhoto, Apple's popular photo management application. With LightBrush, photos can be improved with tools such as Dodge and Burn, which are often used by professional photographers to add a finishing touch to their photos.
"Adding some extra highlights (dodging) or shadows (burning) can make the difference between a good photo and a great photo, especially in black and white photography" said Steven Vandeweghe, founder of Blue Crowbar Software. "LightBrush mimics some of the basic techniques that are known from darkroom photo printing and makes them easy to use for every iPhoto user."
* Adds local image editing capabilities to iPhoto
* Available brushes: Dodge, Burn, Underexpose, Overexpose, Desaturate, Saturate, Increase Contrast, Fade Contrast
* Controls are available for adjusting the brush size, brush softness and brush strength
* The original files are not altered. Edited photos are automatically imported in iPhoto as copies of the original image
* Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* iPhoto '08 or '09
Pricing and Availability:
LightBrush 1.0 is available immediately. A license for one user costs 9.90 Euros. A free trial version of the software can be downloaded from the Blue Crowbar website.
Blue Crowbar Software is a small independent software company, founded in 2008 by Steven Vandeweghe and is located in Ghent, Belgium. Its focus is on building Mac OS X and iPhone applications for consumers and business. The company specializes in image processing tools for iPhoto and Aperture. Apple, iPhoto and Aperture are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.