January 14, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Waretown, NJ - Announcing that JT Enterprises, the developers of MathCents, has released the latest version of its counting skills app. MathCents combines education and fun to teach kids and adults the identification and counting of American coins. The game quickly becomes addictive because of its timed action, amusing response to wrong answers and simulated financial rewards.
MathCents is a game app that can help anyone improve their coin counting skills. The object of the game is for players to correctly guess the combination of American coins that equals the amount shown on the phone's display screen before the app's timer runs out.
To incorporate a sense of fun, an incorrect answer results in a large red "X" accompanied by a vibration of the phone, while a correct answer nets a quarter, which rolls across the screen and into the player's piggy bank with a satisfying clanking sound. Players get to keep their reward quarters until they exit the game.
The app can played one user at a time but the collection of quarters enables the game to become a multi-player challenge, with each player keeping track of their score before passing the device to the next person. The player to collect the most quarters wins the match. Thanks to the built-in timer, players increase their speed with frequent play.
MathCents is a great teaching tool for kids, or for adults learning about American coins. The app teaches coin identification, as well as how to add up coins quickly.
Some MathCents Features:
* 1 Minute timed sessions
* Animated reward for each correct answer (quarters roll across the screen and drop into your piggy bank. The amount collected continues to accumulate during each round until you exit the game. Hear the realistic sound of the quarter as it drops into your piggy bank!
* Incorrect answers receive a large red "X" that shakes back and forth on the screen as the phone vibrates
* This is a very entertaining game for children learning how to solve real world money problems. It's entertaining even for adults. Even if you can calculate change amounts well you'll find that it can still be challenging to do it very quickly in order to post the best score
* An instruction screen is included
* Active developer anxious to add features as they are suggested
Developers have included instructions, so getting started with MathCents is quick and easy. For anyone looking for a method to educate themselves or their children about American money, MathCents is the perfect venue. Entertainment and education go hand in hand for optimal results in this app.
MathCents is an app that has rolled entertainment and education together in one attractive package. The game provides a way for users to have fun and learn about calculating American change at the same time.
* iPhone or iPod Touch 2.2.1 or later
Pricing and Availability
MathCents 1.1 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover by Edward Turner helps mobile app developers maximize sales by optimizing their marketing copy and crafting news-worthy press releases that get picked up by some of the most-read mobile app websites and blogs on the Net. Copyright (C) 2009 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.