November 4, 2007 in Music and Recording (F)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Portland, Oregon - November 1, 2007 - Bitnotic today announced the immediate availability of VX-323 1.0, a MIDI-controlled voice synthesizer software instrument for Apple Macintosh computers. The software enables electronic musicians to easily integrate real-time synthesized speech into their MIDI studios for live performances or CD-quality recording.
The product features:
* Support for any Apple speech voice or licensed Cepstral voice
* Real-time speech volume, pan, key velocity, and volume envelopes
* Up to 32 keyboard splits (keymaps), each with their own voice, phrase, and audio settings
* Phonetic phrase editor for precise editing of phonemes, pitch, and duration
* Non-English language support using the phonetic phrase editor or Cepstral voices
* Robust MIDI support for notes, controllers, and SysEx
* AIFF recording at 22/44 Khz stereo/mono.
* SoundFont 2 bank instrument export for Logic, GarageBand, and other software and hardware samplers
* Racks for multiple speech synthesis modules
* Customizable faceplate colors
* and much more
Designer Scott Burgess exclaims, "VX-323 can perform an entire pop song or a single syllable. It can sound realistic or robotic. Like all musical instruments, there is depth and nuance, emotion and meaning in the VX-323. It is up to the musician to discover it."
Example songs created using VX-323 can be heard on Bitnotic's Web site. A VX-323 unit also has a MySpace page where he is trying to advance his recording career. The URL for that page is http://www.myspace.com/vx323.
Pricing and Availability:
The trial version of VX-323 1.0 can be downloaded for free from Bitnotic's Web site. The software runs on Mac OS X version 10.4 and is a Universal Binary application. There will be a Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard update for VX-323 soon.
Users can unlock the trial by purchasing VX-323 directly through the software or through the Bitnotic web site. The price is $59.95 until January 1, 2008, when it will go up to $79.95.
Bitnotic develops music and audio software for Mac. (c)2007 Scott Burgess. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.