February 14, 2010 in Utilities (F)
[prMac.com] Red Hook, New York - Water-Powered Ideas is pleased to announce the release of Observation Lite 1.3 for iPhone and iPod Touch. Observation Lite is a tool to help amateur astronomers record observation logs in the field by providing the NGC 2000.0 and Hipparcos catalogs of stars and objects and much more.
Observation Lite lets amateur astronomers enter observation logs on their iPhone or iPod Touch with automatic sky conditions and GPS coordinates, access to the entire NGC 2000.0 and partial Hipparcos catalog of objects, and custom lists of equipment. Custom objects can be created on the fly during observation, and the observed RA, declination, and magnitude of existing objects can be recorded.
* Automatic GPS & Conditions in log entries
* Stars and objects from the NGC 2000.0 and partial Hipparcos catalogs
* Creation of new, custom objects on the fly
* Custom Equipment entry for selection in log entries
* Observed RA, declination, and magnitude entry in log entries
* Log entries exported in CSV format
* Ability to tint the entire app red for use when dark-adapted
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 1.6 MB
Pricing and Availability
Observation Lite 1.3 is available for $1.99 (USD) exclusively on the App Store in the Utilities category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers.
Water-Powered Ideas is a small, independent software development company based in New York specializing in iPhone, Mac, and web application development. Copyright 2010 Water-Powered Ideas. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.