February 22, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Palo Alto, CA - RoboHippo LLC today announced HippoRemote Pro 2.0 for iPhone, and iPod touch. HippoRemote Pro is a Wi-Fi remote control for Macs, Windows and Linux PCs, featuring a multi-touch trackpad, an international language-capable keyboard, and tailored controls for a variety of applications. The 2.0 release bring social networking and the Internet, features never before available in a remote, to the palm of your hand, with an integrated web browser and Twitter client.
HippoRemote Pro is one of the most feature-rich remote control apps in the App Store. With a multi-touch trackpad, intelligent keyboard, login & password manager, recordable macros, and app profiles, HippoRemote makes controlling your computer fast, simple and easy.
App profiles in particular greatly reduces the complexity and difficulty of computer tasks. By providing buttons and interfaces tailored to specific programs, users can launch programs, navigate presentations, skip songs, play/pause videos and more, all with just a few finger taps. HippoRemote Pro comes bundled with support for 27 applications and more are added all the time. Version 2.0 enhances existing functionality and adds a number of novel features never seen before in an app of its kind.
Major new features:
* Browser Plugin: HippoRemote Pro is the first and only remote control application to integrate web browser. This means users can search online, read their email, check sports scores, and even chat online with friends, all without having to switch applications.
* Twitter Plugin: HippoRemote Pro is also now the world's first social remote control. Users can browse their timelines and post updates.
* Link Launching: In both the Browser and Twitter Plugins, Link Launching seamlessly transfer web pages from the iPhone to the computer letting users enjoy their content on their preferred screen.
* Boxee Plugin: A multi-touch gesture-based interface for controlling the popular Boxee media center program. Control Boxee with flicks, swipes, and taps. Deep integration with Boxee's media software displays cover art on the iPhone, so users can tell at a glance what's playing.
* User-Generated Profiles: Users can now create their own profiles, uploading them to their iPhones or sharing them with others on the web.
* Global Macros: Users can create macros that can be access in any profile with a simple shake of the iPhone.
* Even More Multi-Touch Gestures: Support for 3 & 4 finger gestures.
* Landscape Trackpad
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 2.0 MB
Free HippoVNC server program for the Mac/PC. In lieu of HippoVNC, users can run any of popular third-party VNC server, or use the Screen Sharing functionality built into all Macs.
Pricing and Availability:
HippoRemote Pro 2.0 is $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
RoboHippo LLC has been creating thoughtful and meticulously-crafted software for mobile devices since 2008. All Material and Software (C) 2008-2010 RoboHippo LLC / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.