March 3, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Buchholz in der Nordheide, Germany - Announcing that TLC IT-Consulting, the developers of MyTasks, has released the latest update of their unique application. This new task management app is the first of its kind for the iPhone. MyTasks organizes the development, storage and organization of tasks with an attractive, versatile and easy-to-use interface.
Thomas Lüth, owner of TLC IT-Consulting, developed the unique program after realizing that there was no good application to help him organize his day, "There was no task management for the iPhone available and I also needed to synch my tasks with Outlook." Knowing that a tool of this nature could benefit a lot of other people too, Lüth decided to create the app himself.
MyTasks Pro organizes and keeps track of users' various activities, helping them to keep on top of their to-do lists. Adding a task is super simple and can be done in seconds. If time is limited, a user can return and add more information to their entry. This is particularly good for people who are in the middle of one activity when they remember something for another and don't want to forget it.
Lüth made the app extremely versatile, giving it the capacity to be synchronized with a wide variety of devices and even with the online to-do list program, Toodledo.
"Toodledo now synchs with Outlook, which is perfect for those of us who prefer it for our work tasks," says Lüth. MyTasks Pro syncs with Toodledo, which syncs with Outlook. That means that one person can share tasks with others who have Toodledo access, as well as use it in their Outlook program. This works great for managing team projects.
The way in which users manage tasks is also flexible. The task fields included can be used as is or customized in a variety of formats. Set up and viewing can be adjusted, with only certain fields showing or a change in the order they appear. Users are welcome to add photos and choose from a selection of skins to make folders and levels identifiable in an eye-catching, color-coded glance.
This latest update allows users the ability to fully backup their tasks and settings to any FTP server or desktop PC. Files can then be shared with other devices and users for an efficient, time saving experience.
Some of MyTask Pro's Features:
* Full synchronization with Toodledo
* Add taskfields, make them visible/invisible, change the label or order
* Assign tasks to a folder, context or a goal
* Sort tasks by 10 different criteria
* Search for a task
* Simply complete a task with one click
* Assign a picture from your photo album to the task
* Easy to use and intelligent inline-edit
* Many attributes could be assigned to a task but do not need to be
* Shows the number of pending tasks by selectable criteria on the program-icon screen
* Configurable background color
* Online help (if you really need this)
* Backup capability (different tasks-sets could be supported)
* Strong software architecture
* Pick emails/phone-numbers from address-book
* Fully localized for English and German, other Languages upon request
* FTP enhanced support allows for filesharing and backing up to servers
MyTask Pro seems to be just about perfect for anyone with an overwhelming number of tasks or those who just like to stay organized. It certainly removes the stress associated with forgetting things and that harried feeling that accompanies out of control chaos so typical of the disorganized. This one is well worth looking into.
* iPhone and iPod touch 2nd generation
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* 0.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
MyTasks Pro 2.2.3 is only $6.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utility category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Founded in 2005, TLC IT-Consulting is a leader in their field of software design, architecture, development and project management. As one of the first iPhone developers, TLC IT-Consulting strives to create quality, flexible applications that make users lives better. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.