March 3, 2010 in Financial (E)
[prMac.com] Algonquin, Illinois - BeeSoft today is pleased to announce the latest update to ProTA and ProTA Gold, their leading stock market charting and technical analysis software for Mac OS X. ProTA delivers professional-level market analysis to ordinary investors and short-term traders in a modern, Mac OS X user interface.
Version 3.23 has been updated for compatibility with the February 2010 changes to options symbology as set forth by the Options Clearing Corporation. This upgrade is free for existing customers of any OS X version of ProTA or ProTA Gold.
ProTA Developer Jeffery Bizon: "Effective February 12, 2010 the Options Clearing Corporation has changed the way USA equity option symbols are formulated. The old 3 to 5 character symbols are now 8 to 24 characters in length for improved readability. BeeSoft has been working closely with our primary data partner, Dial Data, and now with the public release of version 3.23 we are fully compatible with the new extended symbology."
* Fully automated data downloading with support for dozens of data formats
* Fast, easy point-and-click database access and management
* Object-oriented charting interface for easy customization and control
* Over 50 built-in technical indicators and line studies
* Trade tracking and automated portfolio pricing
* 100% Mac OS X Universal Binary and Leopard-Ready
ProTA Gold includes all of ProTA's features plus:
* A comprehensive formula-building language to add your own indicators and analytics
* Trading System Modeling, buy/sell indications, P&L tracking
* Parameter Optimization
* Database Scanning
* Extensibility. Download new indicators, trading systems, database scanning ideas for free from BeeSoft or share with other ProTA Gold users.
* Any Mac running OS 10.4, 10.5 or 10.6
Pricing and Availability:
ProTA 3.23 is $129. ProTA Gold 3.23 is $299 (USD). Both programs can be evaluated in a free, fully-functional Trial Mode, but the database is limited to the Dow 30 stocks plus Apple, Inc. and the S&P 500 Index.
BeeSoft is a leading developer of stock market charting and technical analysis software, exclusively for Mac OS X. Since 1995, BeeSoft has specialized in providing ordinary users with professional-grade market analysis software.