March 16, 2010 in Navigation (F)
[prMac.com] Nederland, Colorado - James Associates has released its iPhone GPS application, iHikeGPS. The software shows your current location, provides an automatic track with elevation profile, and allows you to set a guiding Go-To waypoint on USA topo maps. Download these maps directly to your iPhone 3G to use in the wilderness where there is no cell service.
Email GPX files of your waypoints and your recorded tracks to friends and to yourself directly from your iPhone. Send an email of your current location. Forever-free maps. Whether it's a day hike, geocaching quest, backpacking campout or snowshoe trip - you'll always know where you've been, where you are, and where you're going.
* Show your current location, an automatic track of where you've been, and waypoints of important places for anywhere in the USA
* View the elevation profile of your track
* Email GPX files of your waypoints and your recorded tracks to friends and yourself
* Zoom and Pan the map with a touch of your fingertips
* Set a Go To waypoint to guide you
No charges for USA Maps. Ever:
* Download the forever-free maps directly to your mobile device when you have internet access. Use these maps in the wilderness anytime. Store up to 200 maps on your iPhone or iPad
* Access both the classic USGS 24K topo maps and updated US Forest Service 24K topo maps
* Rely on the raster maps from our own server that have been optimized for shortest download time, least memory used, superb resolution, and guaranteed accurate georeferencing
* iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation)
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 0.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iHikeGPS 1.1 is currently offered at the introductory price of $7.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Navigation category.
With over a decade of GPS software experience creating (and continuing to develop) MacGPS Pro, James Associates Inc. is now proud to support the iPhone and iPad 3G with iHikeGPS. We consider it an honor to provide you with a superior software product, coupled with our unwavering service, now and in the future. - Lawrence James, Ph.D., Developer of iHikeGPS. Copyright (C) 2010 James Associates Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.