March 26, 2010 in Games (F)
[prMac.com] San Jose, California - Software Beyond Limits, an established independent iPhone game development studio behind the hit game Shape Sifter, today announced the available of their latest addictive game, Chain Link Pro 1.0.1, to the iTunes App Store for an amazing price of $.99 (USD).
With no complex controls to learn or buttons to press, Chain Link Pro only requires one finger to play. Touch and drag an assortment of shapes across the screen to chain them with other similar shapes and send them into the pulsating vortex to score. The longer the chain the more points awarded but long chains risk colliding with foreign shapes, destroying the chain and potentially ending the game.
Luckily there are 12 power-ups your chain can collect on contact to ensure survivability and maximize points, ranging from miniature chains to multi-colored chains to metamorphosis to chain invincibility. Completing in-game missions are rewarded with bonus points and earn your way towards unlocking the most powerful power-ups. With three unique game modes, Chain Link Pro offers three different gaming experiences with hours of enjoyment for one low price!
Chain Link Pro includes an incredibly rich online experience for your competitive nature that is above and beyond what most mobile games offer today. Taking full advantage of the OpenFeint online network, you can send challenges to your friends to beat your high score. Challenges can use push notifications to appear on your friend's device instantly and winning results can be sent to facebook and twitter to gloat to your friends. Another great feature while playing are instant notices when your current score beats a worldwide top score which can also be sent to facebook and twitter with one click. Chain Link Pro also includes over 40 online Leader Boards and over 30 online achievements. Check out these other amazing features:
* Timed game mode - Race against the clock to earn enough points to add additional play time. Collisions subtract points but don't end the game. Includes a bonus level where you only have 200 seconds to score as high as possible.
* Arcade game mode - Shapes fly across the screen and any collision will end the game. Offers leisurely play with no time limits.
* Static game mode - Shapes are created on a static grid and don't move. Clear the screen by chaining around the maze of other colorful shapes without getting too close. This mode gives the player three lives so one mistake won't end the game.
* Chain Link Pro offers easy, medium and hard degrees of difficulty. A special hardcore mode is offered for players who have mastered the art of chaining.
* Earn the Speedster, Repeater or Traveler score multipliers to push your score over the top by triggering special chaining conditions that you'll discover as you play.
* A rich 3D sound experience when using headphones.
* High production value with beautiful graphics, advanced particle effects and fluid chain movement.
* Optimized for performance to run smoothly on both older and newer devices.
* Designed exclusively to take advantage of touch screen devices so controlling the game feels natural.
* Rock out to your own music from your media library as you play.
* Save and restore your game at any time.
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later
* 10.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Chain Link Pro 1.0.1 is only $0.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Based in San Jose, California, Software Beyond Limits is an established independent iPhone game development studio behind the previously released hit game Shape Sifter. Copyright (C) 2010 Software Beyond Limits. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iTunes, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.