March 27, 2010 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Geneva, Switzerland - CTM Development today is proud to release FoxTrot Professional Search 2.6, a 64-bit performance and feature-rich update to their popular document indexing and retrieval solution for Mac OS X. Perfect for anyone who works with files saved for future reference, FoxTrot Professional Search helps locate document and their contents using multiple categorization of search results, ranked by relevance.
FoxTrot Professional Search is a powerful find-by-content solution that offers precision tools for finding the proverbial "needle in a haystack" directly within PDF, HTML, word processing, e-mail and multimedia content and metadata. The product has been especially well received in legal (law firm and courts), media (newsrooms researchers, ad agencies and editors), mobile contexts (MacBook users with document collections) as well as by casual users stepping up from FoxTrot Personal Search or Apple's Spotlight.
By leveraging and extending Mac OS X's built-in Spotlight capabilities, FoxTrot Professional Search utilizes the latest Snow Leopard technologies, featuring document preview and full view capabilities, with secondary document-level search features. Users can manage multiple indexed collections effortlessly and have indices updated without even launching the application.
* Multiple categories of relevance-ranked results
* Document preview and full view, with secondary document-level search
* Multiple indexed collections and timed updates without launching the application
* Client-server access to peer-to-peer FoxTrot Professional applications and dedicated FoxTrot Search servers
* Worldwide Unicode language support
New in version 2.6:
* 64 bit performance
* FoxTrot System Menu
* Enhanced Search Templates
* Basic AppleScript support
* Index Disk Images
* Index FileServer & TimeCapsule volumes and afpLocs
* Indexing of Finder Comments
* Enhanced Bookmarks
* Enhanced History
* Increased Client-Server Security
* Categorize by Search Source
* Hourly / 4-hourly index updates
* Update Running Indices menu
* Accelerated Index Update Speed
"CTM Development has been creating search and collaboration software since the first multi-platform Swiss telephone directories back in 1987, and search has been an important part of CTM PowerMail since its inception in 1995," said Jean-Michel Karr, co-founder of CTM Development SA. "CTM FoxTrot Professional is the culmination of many years of focus on find-by-content."
FoxTrot Professional Search builds on years of experience in search functionality refined within CTM's PowerMail and FoxTrot Personal Search products, which continue to be enhanced. Version 2.6 introduces higher performance and a roster of productivity-enhancing features. When customers purchase a 5-user license, the application automatically acts as a peer-to-peer indexing server.
With a 10-user license (or more), customers receive a full fledged client-server product with a server component that can be deployed any Mac OS X or Windows 7/Vista/XP with file sharing enabled, as well as on Xserve and the new Mac mini Server or Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. This makes FoxTrot Professional Search particularly suited in networked environments where sharing archived documents and metadata is paramount.
* U.S. English, German (new !) and French
* Mac OS X Version 10.4.11 Tiger to 10.6.x Snow Leopard
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* FoxTrot Professional Search & FoxTrot Search Admin supports Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server 10.4.11, 10.5 or 10.6.x
* FoxTrot Search Server supports Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server 10.4.11, 10.5 or 10.6.x, and also includes a slightly narrower focus Server component for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP specialized on PDF, Word and text documents
New License Pricing:
FoxTrot Professional Search 2.6 and FoxTrot Search Server are available immediately. A single user license is priced at just 99 Euro. A 5 user license (includes peer-to-peer sharing) is available for only 199 Euro. A 10 user license also includes FoxTrot Search Server for 390 Euro, with degressive per-seat enterprise licenses available.
FoxTrot Professional Search 2.6 is available as a full-featured 30-day demo. FoxTrot Search Server is available as a full-featured 60-day demo.
FoxTrot Professional Search 2.6 is a free update for current FoxTrot Professional Search licensed owners, and is available to current FoxTrot Personal Search users for the difference in price only (69.3 Euro) via a coupon e-mailed to all registered owners.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, CTM Development SA is a privately held company co-founded in 1985 by longtime software developer Jean-Michel Karr. With a history dating back to the Apple II and 512k Macintosh, CTM Development has grown with the purpose of developing unique collaboration solutions for the Mac platform and is committed to providing the highest quality software. In 2003, the core FoxTrot search engine was designed and developed from scratch by Jerome Seydoux, an experienced NeXTStep and Mac developer, for use within PowerMail and new find-by-content solutions. FoxTrot is a key component of PowerMail 6 and is at the heart of the standalone line of FoxTrot Search products. Copyright 1985-2010 CTM Development SA. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Cocoa and Spotlight are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.