March 29, 2010 in Utility (E)
[prMac.com] London, United Kingdom - PixelEspresso today released version 1.2 of Decloner (TM), an update to its easy-to-use utility to find and eliminate duplicate files on Macintosh computers running Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Decloner uses a reliable secure hash algorithm (SHA-1) to determine if files are identical. It has a simple and convenient interface.
Decloner can quickly process large number of files on internal, external or network drives. It presents the list of duplicate files to the user and allows removing files one by one, or mark several files and remove them all at once. The user can mark files manually or automatically, preserving the oldest or the newest file copy, and view file contents using Leopard's QuickLook feature.
Decloner never deletes files permanently. Instead, it moves files into the Trash or a folder of user's choice so that the user can always restore them if necessary. It also guards against removing all copies of a file. Decloner supports file name exclusion lists and minimum file size to ignore small files. Sparkle auto-update feature is included for user convenience.
* Compares files using SHA-1 hash algorithm for reliability
* Simple and straightforward user interface
* Can process large number of files quickly
* Displays file information and supports QuickLook
* Allows deletion of individual files as well as marking multiple files for bulk deletion
* Moves deleted files to the Trash to enable the user to restore them if necessary
* Supports file name exclusion lists
* Ignores files smaller than the user-defined size
New in version 1.2:
* Safe mode: Decloner can move deleted files to a folder instead of Trash for added security; this also allows files to be removed from network volumes
* Safeguards against deleting all copies of a file
* New Follow Aliases preference
* Dock icon now only bounces once when Decloner needs attention
* New message bar for error notifications
* Improved automatic file selection by date
* Files in each group of duplicates are now sorted
* Logging facility for easier troubleshooting
* 64-bit version included
* Bug fixes, speed and interface improvements
* Mac OS X Version 10.5 Leopard or higher
* PowerPC or Intel-based Macintosh
* 6 MB free disk space
Pricing and Availability:
Decloner 1.2 has 30-day free trial period and costs $19.95 (USD) per user.
PixelEspresso makes software for Mac and iPhone. It was founded in 2008 and is based in London, United Kingdom. All Material and Software (C) 2008-2010 PixelEspresso / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, OS X, and QuickLook are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.