April 2, 2010 in Music (E)
[prMac.com] Nijmegen, The Netherlands - Quickdecay today is pleased to announce the release of DJDeckX 1.0, an all-in-one DJ application designed specifically for the iPad. We are pleased that Apple has approved DJDeckX for their grand iPad launch on April 3rd. For the second time, Quickdecay is among the first to produce a DJ app for a groundbreaking new platform.
DJDeckX supports most common audio formats, like unprotected AAC (this is what you download in iTunes), unprotected MP3, WAV, AIFF and Ogg. The iPad screen is big enough to allow easy mixing of 2 songs, with all controls a DJ needs readily available in an intuitive and ergonomic interface.
* Stutter cue, step to next cue point, previous cue point
* Touch the audio graph to easily skip to a certain point in the song, or
* Swipe to speed up or down the audio
* Jog wheel
* Nudge buttons
* Syncing on BPM, or based on previous relative speeds between songs
* Separate preview on/off and preview gain
* A stereo to 2 mono splitter, since one channel is needed for the mix preview and the other is used for the audience output
Pricing and availability:
At $9.99 (USD), we think it's great value. DJDeckX 1.0 will be available exclusively through the iPad App Store on the grand iPad launch on april 3rd 2010. The app is located in the Music category.
Quickdecay is a small company specializing in mobile and Mac software research and development. Khamba Staring has over 12 years experience in the computer industry as a UNIX system manager and programmer. Copyright (C) 2010 Quickdecay. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPpad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.