April 3, 2010 in Entertainment (F)
[prMac.com] Lyon, France - Neomobili has released AsciiLife 1.0 for iPhone and iPod touch devices. AsciiLife is an iPhone application using your iPhone Camera to show you the world in Ascii Art. AsciiLife goes against the fashion "Augmented reality" and bring to the iPhone the concept of "decreased reality". AsciiLife uses the camera of your iPhone and transform the vide stream into Ascii Art. What is shown on your screen is then only composed of characters. The combination of different characters creates the illusion of the real pictures. AsciiLife offers several visualization modes:
* The simplest black and white, which used only the shape of characters to create pictures.
* The green mode which is the same of the fist one but in green, which give an effective "techno" effect.
* The color mode which used both shapes and color to represent the reality with the highest fidelity.
* The black and red effect which is the most "artistic" effect available. Only parts in red in the reality keep their color, the rest is converted in grayscale.
Having fun while seeing what is around you in Ascii Art is not enough. For this reason AsciiLife allows to take screenshots of what you are seeing. The application has also all the required features to save the captures images or to directly share them with your friend with Facebook or Twitter. You can also use native iPhone features to save them in the photo library or to them them by email.
* Compatible with iPhone
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* 0.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
AsciiLife 1.0 is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Entertainment category.
Neomobili is a company developing applications for mobile devices. For us a good application has to mix creativity, a nice design and needs to bring something new. Copyright (C) 2010 Neomobili. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.